Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pediatrician Recommendations

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Pediatrician Recommendations

We have been recommended two pediatricians by friends and our OB - Dr. Barbara Lam and Dr. Leo Chan. Any thoughts on these two pediatricians or recommendations on others? Thanks!

southside852 is offline Registered User

yes, i actually have two pediatricians: one on the southside and our central one is Dr. Leo Chan. He's been great, but just a bit far for us if my son is actually sick and we're not going in just for a routine check-up. Dr. Chan runs a tight ship and his nurses are fantastic and extremely capable! He is all business though and not really the touchy feeling type. He's accurately diagnosed my son's illnesses twice and we have every confidence in him. We wish he was just closer to us! Hope this helps!

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

I take my son to see Dr Ken Chan, based in Central:
    http://www.laurenbramley.com/dr_frame.swf

My son is only 6 weeks old so we have only had a few visits to his surgery to monitor his growth, but Dr Chan did visit for the 5 days we were in hospital after his delivery. Dr Chan is very caring and has a great manner and will take his time to answer all your questions.

FutureHKMom - did you want advice on Dr. Leo Chan or Dr. Ken Chan?

We have Leo Chan on Queens Road Central.

lylee is offline Registered User

My OB recommended Dr. Leo Chan, but I ended up going to Dr. Joseph Pang as both of my cousin's children went to Dr. Pang. So far, I only find him OK... seems a bit rushed & not eager to answer questions, but he's really quick with the shots that my baby doesn't even realize he's been poked. Does anyone have experience with either doctors & how they compare? Thanks.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Dr Barbara Lam is one of the speakers at our breastfeeding conference. A description of her and her talk is available at https://custom.cvent.com/993A26692EC...5930d2414f.pdf

For information about the conference go to www.lllhk.org and click on the conference logo
    or
    click on the logo on the right.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

I can tell you that Leo Chan is very fast too - in and out. I think I spend more time with the nurses than with him. He tells you like it is, no fluff around it and then you are out of there. Every time we've had a problem or I have had a concern, we've been able to get an appt the same day and/or he's called me back the same day. We had to page him on a Sunday and we were able to get medicine for our son at HK Sanatorium. He was very fast and gave me exactly what I needed. Would highly recommend him if you live in Central or close to there.

Gumboots is offline Registered User

Dr Ken Chan

We use Dr Ken Chan for our son who is almost 6 months. After a bit of a slow start for us, we have come to love him as our son's dr - he is always available by mobile phone if you are concerned, clearly loves children and has years and years of experience.

He never rushes us in our appointments and patiently answers any and all questions.

In addition, I have found that he is genuinely concerned about the parents (particularly the mother) as well - and is very kind about how stressful it is to worry about your baby's health.

I would recommend him to anyone.

(Btw, consultations with him aren't too expensive given he is a popular dr in Central but vaccines add up fast!!)

Best of luck - hope you find a dr that you feel happy and comfortable with. It really makes a difference to have someone you trust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast