Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Electronic devices in QMH

pameladell30 is offline Registered User

Electronic devices in QMH

hi there, for those who gave birth at QMH.

Were you allowed to bring electronic devices during your stay there, like laptop, digicam/videocam. Most importantly, were you allowed to use their electricity when they needed to be recharged?

How about mobile phones? Do they have policy against this? I would love to have my phone with me if only to call my hubby for a few mins.

Thanks

kairo is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I had my phone with me and used their electricity to charge it. I'm sure you'll be allowed a laptop.

Good luck!

carang is offline Registered User

technically, you are not supposed to use their electricity, however, i always did. but i usually pulled my curtains across when i did it and as soon as i was recharged unplugged.

i was there so much and for so long that i would have died without my ipod video and telephone!

Polly is offline Registered User

Yeah, just be discreet with your phone; they're not really allowed and you're certainly not supposed to charge them. I hid mine in my pillow and kept it on silent. I kept changing my battery with my hubby's but other people have managed to charge them without anyone noticing. Laptop won't be a problem. They don't let cameras/video in the labour suite but I'm sure hubby could take a quickie post birth picture without anyone seeing.

carang is offline Registered User

i know that some people like to video the arrival of their little one... but to me, i always wondered... "who are you going to show that to?"

unless you keep it until your baby is a teenager and you use it as a warning against unprotected sex! LOL!

pameladell30 is offline Registered User

many thanks for the replies, how often do the nurses come to check on you?