Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where do I begin?

kel
    kel is offline Registered User

Public hospitals

Hi,
    I have just arrived in the past week and I am 14 weeks pregnant (due July 09), when I called the Dr to make appointment I was told private hospitals are all booked. I am now considering to have the baby at Queen Mary or POW, I need to have a caesarean at 38 weeks due to health reasons, can anyone share their experiences at a public hospital. thx

carang is offline Registered User
    if you do a search on here you will see many, many threads on public hospitals.

good luck and congratulations!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i don't know anything about public hospitals Kel, but what I do know is that if there are any risks with your pregnancy...public hospitals are the place to be. i had my baby at the matilda, which is lovely, but within 4 hours of birth, my baby girl had to be rushed to QM because her lung was failing and they did not have the machinery there, I was surprised. But they said that nly public hospitals had such expensive machinery because there are lots of cases that use it, and not so many at Matilda so they did not purchase it. Of the people that I had contact with, they were all very nice, professional and caring. they work as a team there and work from a book that carries different kinds of problem cases that has been passed down through generations of doctors practicing there. good luck with everything! :)

kel
    kel is offline Registered User

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Kel

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    fyi - Dr. Ghosh is a big supporter of c-sections where Lucy Lord is a real supporter of vaginal births and will show you the stats to stats to prove it.

dr. lord is not that touchy feeling as i have her and i would normally prefer someone who is, but i've heard such good things about her that i figure would rather have someone more capable than the touchy feely type who can deliver my baby safely and take care of me.

eneri7 is offline Registered User
    I don't believe it's fair to say that Dr. Ghosh is unsupportive of a natural birth.

I made it clear on my first appointment that I did NOT want a cesarean unless it was an emergency and he has been completely supportive. I'm hiring a doula as well from Annerley and they told me in my consultation that they've worked with him before without any problems.

He probably performs more cesareans because many women opt for c-sections, especially in HK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12