Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

do you have your baby all the time at the hospital?

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

do you have your baby all the time at the hospital?

Hello everyone, Im pregnant and I was just wondering at the Private Hospitals in hong Kong, do you have the choice to have your baby with you all the time, or do you have to have the baby in the nursery? In Canada you have your baby with you all the time, and I was just wondering how it works here, as I am due late June, and I didnt know how it works here. Thanks

carang is offline Registered User
    it depends on the hospital, even the private hospitals have different rules/procedures.

at public hospitals, it is up to you whether you want the baby at your side or in the nursery. the public hospitals have the nurses bathe the babies though.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    the matilda allows you to have the baby stay in with you all the time, though they do not recommend as they believe the mom needs to get rest. baby only goes to your room in the middle of the night when they need to be fed.

the adventist does not allow the baby to stay in - you would probably not have enough space in a double room anyways...

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I had my baby at the Matilda and they seemed to be very flexible in either letting you have the baby in with you or in the nursery - it was up to you. I had a c-section, so for the first 3 days, my baby was in the nursery overnight and they would bring him in for feeds, so that I could try and get as much rest as possible. Then towards the last 2 days they encouraged me to have him in the room more and more to get used to going home!

Belinda

LeahH is offline Registered User
    The Matilda staff were very supportive of the baby staying with me as much as possible as it encourages BF. Bub only went to the the nursery when I felt I really needed a stretch of good rest.