Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Small World Christian Kindergarten Reviews

January is offline Registered User

Small World Christian Kindergarten Reviews

Hello,

I am curious to know if anyone has had any experience, positive or otherwise, with the Small World Christian Kindergarten in Mid-Levels.

I am living in Pokfulam and I wonder, although it is a little out of the way, if it is too much trouble to get to?

I find them appealing from a Christian standpoint. Are there any other Christian kindys around I may also consider?

Looking forward to any reviews on this kindy and possible other suggestions for an alternate kindy.

Many thanks,

January

Neha is offline Banned

It is a great school. We applied for it but they were offering only PM session which was a big no for us.

Regarding Christian views. they dont preach but use basic common examples of being good/kind etc. I didnt find anything particular which they stressed on Christianity( as a religion).

It is better u apply as soon as your kid turns 2 because they have a waiting list and they dont accept applications before the kid turns 2

What age will they start?

Thank you for your reply.

If I apply when my child is 2 years old, at what age do they start at the kindy? I am unsure if it is a bit different to what I am used to in Australia. Is is at 3 yrs?

Many thanks

peace is offline Registered User

Small World accepts kids starting at the age of 2 years, 10 months. From my own personal experience though, you can already submit an application as early as now (we applied when my daughter wasn't even 2 y.o. yet).

We live in Pokfulam and my daughter takes the school bus to Small World everyday. Pick-up time is 8:15 and the bus ride is about 30 to 35 minutes. No problems or issues with the bus or the ride (so far)!

If you're considering Small World for your child, I would strongly suggest that you meet with the principal (Gail Maidment) and do a school tour.

As for our own experience of Small World....my daughter loves her teachers, her friends, EVERYTHING about it! To say that we are happy with the school is an understatement. I can not say enough wonderful things about Small World, so best that you visit it yourself.

All the best choosing your child's school! Please feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more.

peace

Thanks!

Great to hear, Peace. Thanks for your time.