Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Car seat + base?

annahongkong is offline Registered User

Car seat + base?

I'm a first time mum currently debating which baby car seat option to go for, and would appreciate any advice re: car seat bases. My car is not Isofix compatible, but I understand you can buy bases which use the seatbelt instead - are these much better than just using the baby seat on its own with a seatbelt?

Currently I'm trying to decide between the Britax Cosytot (around $1000, but don't think the belted base is available in Hong Kong) or the Maxi-cosi ($1700 + $1200 for belted base). Given the Maxi-cosi + base is so much more expensive, is it worth it?
    I'm not trying to use it in a travel system as I've gone for a very light weight pushchair. I'll probably drive a few times a week, but won't be using taxis that often.

Many thanks for your help.

megan2008 is offline Registered User

I have the Maxi Cosi without the base and used it in a car quite often when I went back to the states. It is kind of complicated to put the seat belt on at first but then it gets easier. Not sure what benifits you would have with or without the car seat but that was my experience. Would the base be able to adjust to other carseats once you need to purchase a bigger one when your child out grows the first carseat?

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

annahongkong

I have the Maxi Cosi without the base that I'm looking to sell as we are leaving HK. We only purchased it mid December to bring our newborn home from hospital so its in excellent condition. If your interested please PM or email me [email protected]

cheers
    julie