Baby's first birthday party jitters
- 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM #9
LOL... maybe i'll have to give it a try...
it would sound more yummy to me if you forego the butter and use chocolate spread instead...
(can't believe i just suggested foregoing butter! LOL!)
- 02-05-2009, 10:28 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2007
- Tin Hau
Oh, fairy bread is a must at kid's parties and they love it.
My LO just had his 1st birthday and it really is an event for the adults. We had some friends over with two other toddlers. I ordered a cake, which was more presentable than what I could whip up. Also had fresh fruit, finger food and adult drinks (aka red wine). It was a nice event and my little boy can look at the pictures and videos of his 1st birthday one day.
For toddlers, 'pin the tail on the donkey' is also a party favourite.
- 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
The texture of fairy bread is better than bread with choc spread because the 100s and 1000s are crunchy.
I agree with fingerscrossed that you have to have "adult drinks" on hand. That way the daddys and mummies can relax with a beer or wine while the babies play!
- 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM #12
sherwes... i mean if you used chocolate spread instead of butter, then added the sprinkles... that sounds a little more tempting than with butter...
i may give it a try... it's my daughter's second birthday today and my son's 4th next week.
- 02-07-2009, 10:20 PM #13Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
- Hong Kong
I agree with everyone else here... the 1st birthday party is more for the parents than it is for your little one. We just had people over to our place and had "finger food"... veggies, fruit, chips, beer, wine, etc. I made a teddy bear cake and cupcakes... cupcakes were the bigger hit and easier for everyone to eat. As for decorations, if you live around or have a bit of time to spare head over to Mega Box in Kowloon Tong - the store Spotlight has great birthday decorations... everything you could imagine.
- By fennho in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
- By babysmoothie in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2010, 09:43 AM
- By fennho in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
- By fennho in forum Baby TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
- By arismom in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM