Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What`s the Deal with my Baby??? Eating AND Sleeping

carang is offline Registered User

my daughter fed every two hours like clockwork for the first 2-3 months. after that, she slowed down a little bit...but now at 2 years, she still seems to eat all the time.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

How tiring it must have been for you!
    Yeah, if mine had done that since birth, I would have been ok with it. But he was pretty good about waking up 2.5-3.5 hrs between feeds. Now all of a sudden... but must be a growth spurt - that`s what we`ll say...
    55 minutes and counting...

Polly is offline Registered User

If I may put my two-penneth in! :O) He just sounds like a perfectly normal little 3.5 month old and, as Carang said, it sounds like a growth spurt. Plus, a baby this young still gets tired easily and is probably falling to sleep before he's done, or just decides to have a nap before going back for desert. It will pass and he'll settle down again - you're doing great. It is tiring though, isn't it. I seemed to constantly feed my little one when she was very young. Lie down and snoze as much as possible when you feed him and then you're getting some rest too.

Well done for getting through your soreness and great to hear he's feeding so well and that the breast compression is working perfectly.

:O)

Polly is offline Registered User

Sorry for my typo - 3.5 weeks old of course.

I can tell how committed you are to breastfeeding so do be cautious about introducing the bottle too soon as it could really aggravate your sore nipples if this little fella, who's still learning to breastfeed, get confused by the different sucking technique he'll need to use to suck from a bottle. It's great to hear how much weight he's putting on, so do you really need to reassure yourself how much he might be drinking in one go? Plus, of course, it isn't really an indication because breast sucking and bottle sucking are very different and he won't necessarily take from a bottle what he would have taken from your breast. Don't make these first few weeks any harder for yourself. Just enjoy your growing well nourished baby and give yourself a pat on the back for your effort. I'm sure if he could talk, he'd say thank you Mummy.

We're all routing for you, we've all been there, so we totally understand where you're coming from.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123