Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Montessori School of Hong Kong

uberbon is offline Registered User

Montessori School of Hong Kong

Can anyone with experience with the Montessori School of Hong Kong on Caine Rd. (and Arbutnot) give me some feedback? I just met someone whose child attends the school and the mom cannot say enough good things about it. Her child is extremely bright, much more advanced than my son who is the same age. On the other hand, the few reviews about the school that I could find have not been good. Thanks!

Neha is offline Banned
    on this website the reviews have been bad for that school. but u should decide your self what is good for your child. Go and have a tour of the school ask all the questions u want and then decide.

Best of luck

IoanaM is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by uberbon View Post
    Can anyone with experience with the Montessori School of Hong Kong on Caine Rd. (and Arbutnot) give me some feedback? I just met someone whose child attends the school and the mom cannot say enough good things about it. Her child is extremely bright, much more advanced than my son who is the same age. On the other hand, the few reviews about the school that I could find have not been good. Thanks!
    Hi there,

which school did u eventually decide on? I have the same dilemma. Thanks

Tonyt is offline Registered User

Montessori School of Hong

Hi,

I can only agree with that. Go and have a look yourself. Many things change over time. Go, have a look, ask the questions that are on your mind and you will get the answers you are looking for. If upi don't take the chance to make yourself your own picture, you miss a great option of education.

Cheers,
    HKSupermom

msun is offline Registered User

Montissori School of HK on Caine Rd.

I'm about to pull my daughter out of the Montissori School of HK (previously on #2 Caine Rd.) The school's owners want only payments and no contact with the children or the parents. They made little to no investment in the school itself to upgrade materials, toys or facility to the point where the school had to close down.

A week ago the school had to close because of water leakage. I found out later that a part of the ceiling in the school fell through! They had no choice but to look for a new location. The new location turned out to be another dilapidated, decrepit, crappy building, with the minimal of repair, upgrades and cleaniless required to even open its doors for business!

There was no formal announcement made by the mythical management or apology letter from a principle or someone representing the school. Just a phone call from The Teach, who is also the bill collector, the face and voice of the "management" and executer, who notified all parents that suddenly the school has a new location!

When the new location opened for school, we were told that only the children can go in but not the parents. Basically, the parents were not allowed to see the inside conditions until it is made "ready for parental visits.

My husband contacted the HK Education Bureau to complaint about the whole situation and found that the school had not even registered or notified the Bureau of their move and they opened its doors even before inspection!

I'm furious about this whole situation and hope that no other family, for a lack of better options in HK, choose The Montissori School of HK to send their children.

msun is offline Registered User
    I urge any parent who current attend or previously attended The Montissori School of HK (on #2 Caine Rd) and have a complaint or inquiry about this school and its happenings to Ms. Doris: 3107-2166 (direct line). Ms. Doris is the person responsible for looking after this particular school and its coercion to governmental rules and regulations.

Sage is offline Registered User

Today's SCMP

There is an article in the City section of today's SCMP about the kindergarten, its current situation and how upset the parents are.

Here's the link.

Angel111 is offline Registered User

Many queries about this school

My freind send me the article on SCMP because she heard me complaining about this school in the past few months. I just came across this link as I tried to find the website of this school to check whether the address was updated due to curiosity.

My kid was studying in this school for 1+ year long time ago. It was about time for me to deal with the deposit.

I can say that the teaching staff at that time were all right. But the attitude is strange. The staff would step down other schools and emphasized a lot that their school is the only affiliated school of the American Montessori Society. Actually, you know there are many schools employing the Montessori system. Nobody care whether it is belonged to American Montessori Society if the teachers are qualified Montessori teachers. BUt on Seaching the AMS website , I couldn't find the name of the school under the section -member. Maybe I missed that.

There are a few questions in my mind :

(1)Who is the Prinicipal? I suppose every school should have a principal.
    (2)Who is the responsible person of the school? When I called to the school, the Staff didn't answer anything and just ask me to write to the GPO box. Manner was rude. Could she be a teacher or just a telephone operator?
    (3) anybody act or write on behalf of their Adminstration Office? There wasn't any name on the letter all the time.
    (4) Can't find the school address on the Business Registration if you go to search for it.

Really a mystery! Could the staff answering the phone in school also deals with all the adminstration stuffs as well?
    Let us know if you know the answers

If you write to GPO box , they never reply to you. So if you write , better to both the GPO box and to the school address. The best is by hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast