Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best carrier for bad back?

January is offline Registered User

Yes please!

Hi there,

Yes please, PM me! Thanks

sprawld is offline Banned
    hi there. I'm very petite as well and yes the baby bjorn is a back killer.. even when I make my hubby carry the LO.. Just a question. how long do you carry the LO till? Mine is coming to 1 year and pple tell me that he should really not be carried around anymore but rather sit in the stroller...

southside852 is offline Registered User
    our son is 13 months old and we still carry him in the ERGO especially in HK taxis or when we traveling. sometimes a stroller is just not pratical.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    My son is 24 months (15kg) and I still use the Ergo occassionally. I'm 4'11" and it causes me no pain. Love it!!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    After reading these posts, I think I will forgo my original plan of buying the Baby Bjorn and go for the Ergo. I went on the website and learned more about it. But it looks like I have to buy the infant insert as my baby is still a newborn. Does that mean the regular carriers are meant for bigger babies?
    Does anyone have experience using the Ergo with small babies, under 6 months?
    Also, is there a Doubibou in HK? Whereabout is it?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I used the Ergo from the time my daughter was a newborn. I used the infant insert at first - only really for maybe 2 months or so, until she was comfortable "straddling" instead of keeping her legs together. I don't know if the infant insert is really "necessary" but maybe it is for smaller babies, I don't know. And in all honesty, I think that maybe a blanket would work just as well...

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    After about three carriers I settled on the Baby Bjorn (which was then only used for about 3 months before she got too big!). The one with the back support.

I really liked the Phil&Ted but it didn't offer the same support as the BB with the back patch in it.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    We love the ERGO too!!! works for both my 28lbs toddler and 9mth old baby and both hubby and i can use the same one easily!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12