Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Singapore Zoo

Canucker is offline Registered User

Singapore Zoo

Hi all,

We have decided to do a quick trip to Singapore to check out the zoo with our 1 1/2 year old. Looking for a few tips about where to stay and anything else about Singapore.

We are only checking out the zoo (quick business trip stopover).

Thanks in advance!
    Canucker

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I know you only have time to visit the zoo, but my friend mentioned this place:
    http://www.wildwildwet.com/
    It's a water fun park and her 3 yo + 1 1/2 year old both really loved it!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We went there when our son was 14 months and stayed at the Pan Pacific next to the Marina Square. It was right next to a huge mall, so that made it pretty convenient.

As for the zoo, remember to bring swimmers with you. There is a section of the zoo that has sort of like a mini water park --i.e., a very, very shallow wading pool, with jets of water shooting out everywhere. Our son had a blast. Do also remember to bring a change of clothes for yourself. The water park was a great way to cool down in the Singapore heat.

Have fun!

Canucker is offline Registered User
    Thanks plumtee and buckeroo.

Will have to check out the water park next time but will pack swimmers for the zoo. Jut tried to book the Pan Pacific but no rooms left that allow kids under 5. Darn. Will see what else is in that area.

Great tips!

Hannah's Mom is offline Registered User
    We've taken our daughter to the Zoo also ... It's FANTASTIC! We stayed at the Novatell (Spelling?) and for just a few nights it was fine! It's located by Boat/Clarke Key (again my spelling!) which was great for dinner!
    The first time we went we used the train and bus to the zoo ... too much hassle with the kid and stroller. Last time we just took a taxi. It wasn't that expensive and alot easier!
    Have fun!

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
    Thanks plumtee and buckeroo.

Will have to check out the water park next time but will pack swimmers for the zoo. Jut tried to book the Pan Pacific but no rooms left that allow kids under 5. Darn. Will see what else is in that area.

Great tips!
    There's Marina Mandarin and Mandarin Oriental in that area too. Have a look at http://www.asiatravel.com

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    Hi Canucker

We recently visited the zoo during the CNY holiday. Both our 4yr o & 2 yr o enjoyed the zoo so much, esp the new water play area. It is so much bigger & fun compared to the old one. so do rem to bring along yr swim wear for both u & kiddo.

The zoo in Singapore is also much bigger & have many more animals for the kid to see. I am sure both U & kid will love the place. The zoo is located in the northern side of the island, so you may stay in hotel that is central or less travelling time to the zoo if that is the only place you plan to visit.

In fact, if you still hv time & energy, you can also hop over to the Night safari after zoo. they are located side by side.

hope it helps!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    My almost 2 year old LOVED the Zoo. We didn't plan long enough (should have done a whole day and taken her pram so she could sleep, rather than a 1/2 day).

We just paid for a taxi from the hotel to save on the travel time and hassle. Best zoo I have been to yet! Have only been to those in Aust. China and Sing though! Have a great time - I really enjoy my stays in Singapore.

As for accom, the following are child friendly but may have min. night stays.
    * Fraser Suites on River Valley Road. Web addy: www.frasershospitality.com
    * Great World City Apartments - 2 Keng Seng Walk. Web addy: www.greatworld.com.sg
    *Grand Mercure Roxy. Not far from the airport (and has a free shuttle service to and from the airport as well) - there is a great shopping centre over the road, you can walk to the beach, the staff are lovely, the pool has shallow steps leading down into it, as well as a small kiddy pool. Web addy http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-3610...el/index.shtml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast