Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Due in August 09

Nerina is offline Registered User

Due in August 09

Hi there,

Firstly Congratultions to you all!

I am just over 12 weeks pregnant and due in August. This is my first pregnancy. I am new to the forum and would really like to meet and get to know some of the new mommies to be!
    Hope to hear from some of you soon.
    Thanks
    Nerina

foxgod17 is offline Registered User

Also due in August 2009

Hi Nerina,

Congragulations! I am also due in August 2009. I am currently in NYC and will be delivering in Hong Kong. I am very comfortable with my doctors here in NYC. I have lived in New York for 10+ years and I have done my due diligence and believe they are some of the best doctors in the city working in the most highly rated hospital in New York. Which leaves me very concerned about delivering in Hong Kong. I have read through the expat forums and saw the list of doctors recommended. It's hard for me to blindly pick a doctor based on a small list recommended by a selective group. Are you aware of any way to check a doctor's credentials in Hong Kong? For example, in New York, New York Magazine publishes an annual top doctor's list as well as my insurance maintains a database of all doctors and New York State has a website that publicly discloses a doctor's record, etc (any lawsuits, etc). I just want to make sure I have done my research and pick a competent doctor for my delivery. Thanks.

woodstock07 is offline Registered User

Hello, I'm also due in Aug 2009 and I'm just over 14 weeks now. There are not many of us in Aug 2009 but I joined the Jul 2009 thread and they are a larger group and a big group of us met up yesterday, together with our hubbies.

foxgod17, I'm not aware that such a list is available in Hong Kong. You may want to post this question on the main pregnancy forum where other more experienced HK mums and mums-to-be may have the answer.

mela is offline Registered User

Foxgood17 - you can check with the medical council of Hong Kong - they usually have lists of accredited doctors. I also find that the recommendation on the US Embassy website under medical providers reliable. You can also check with your insurance people - I'm with Bupa and they select hospitals they work with etc.
    You should be aware though that if you are due in August it might be difficult to secure a place in private hospital over here - most women have to book around 9 weeks and there are usually two or three doctors who can get you in after that. If you decide to go to a public hospital you don't get much choice over the doctor. You can see an OB privately and then go for public hosp birth, So If I were you i would start contacting doctors over here in order to get a place etc.
    Hope this helps.
    p.s.I found doctor recommendation on this forum very reliable and I'm very happy with my doc. i'm also due in August. Good luck with the move:)

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Hi Nerina,

Congratulations! I'm due on August 3 but like Woodstock, I've joined the July ladies as they are a really lovely group and being a few weeks apart, our babies will all be similar in age. We had a great get together yesterday with our hubbies and we have regular lunches and get togethers.

Foxgod, I also found my Doctor through this forum and am really happy with him. I also have several friends who have recently had babies here and they have also had very good experience with Doctors here. Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to give you some names. Good luck with the move!

Nerina is offline Registered User

Hi there,

that sounds great! Am really hoping to meet some of the new mommies, I believe that not many are due in August. I'm a little confused though cause I thought it was one thread/forum for July to September, but from what I am understanding its a different forum for each month?

Would be great if you could guide me a little on how this all works. Is this the right thread I should be reaplying to, have you received this message? would be great to be posted on when and where the next meeting is as would love to come and meet with everyone.

Thank You so much and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nerina

woodstock07 is offline Registered User

Hi Nerina,

There is one forum for July to September 2009 mummies but there are several threads within this forum and the July 2009 one is the most active. The link is here:
    http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread126381-51.html

If you want to send any user/s a private message (works like email), you can go to the top left corner of this webpage and select "private messaging" under User Menu.

foxgod17 is offline Registered User

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am compiling a list of doctors. Since I don't plan on moving to Hong Kong till May or June, do you know how much time I need to book the hospital in advance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast