Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eco Friendly Disposables

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

Eco Friendly Disposables

I'm using disposables and wanted to do my bit for the environment and use eco-friendly disposables. I'm currently using a brand from Bumps to Babes called Tushies, which are also gel and chlorine free. I've recently seen another 2 brands, Moltex and Seventh Generation in Three Sixty.

Has anyone used any of these brands and if so are they just as good as Huggies and Pampers in terms of holding everything in, especially during the night? I'm finding the Tushies are not that good overnight as my 8 week old often wakes up wet through, and its creating alot of washing!

Has anyone used any other eco-friendly brands they can recommend?

thanks

Bahar is offline Registered User
    the best brand is nature babycare according to me. Check out their website at naty.com. They are a good fit and cheaper than the other brands.I tried all those other eco-disposables and didn't find the fit or price any good. I bought them from the UK so i'm not sure about whether they are available online but you can check their website or contact them directly .

Thanks Bahar!! I've just discovered they are available in Australia and we are moving back at the end of March so I will give them ago when we arrive. Your right the others are not great, I'm very disapointed with the Seventh Generation brand.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    We use Moltex, they are $188 a pack in 360. Good in younger babies, and older babies for daytimes - but I found once your child starts to sleep a long stretch (say 10 hours) they tend to leak. Jo.

thanks Jo, I bought a pack this week to try. What brand do use at night ?

jjmum is offline Registered User
    karmah1,

I use organic cloth diapers for my LO at home, but I still need to get disposables from time to time for going out. I was going to try out Seventh Generation, but just saw your posting from yesterday that this brand is no good. Can you tell us more about the problem of it? Leakage? or any others? Thx.

Hi jjmum

I've been switching between the Moltex and Seventh Generation brand this week and the Seventh Generation seem to leak alot more. I bought the size up to 6kg in both brands and the Seventh Generation seem alot smaller, so maybe I should of bought the next size up and I might not have had the leakage problems. If you do decide to try them get a bigger size than what you think you would need.

You should try the Tushies at Bumps 2 Babes, they are gel free and are alot thicker.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by karmah1 View Post
    thanks Jo, I bought a pack this week to try. What brand do use at night ?
    We use Motherease one-size cloth diapers when we are in our local area, at home and at night.

My son went through a period of waking in the night and my hubby thought it was because wet cloth diapers would feel colder than disposables. Using disposables made no difference, we just ended up with more laundry.

Only use the Moltex when we are out all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast