Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rocking Chair Vs Rocker/Glider?

peainpod is offline Registered User

Rocking Chair Vs Rocker/Glider?

We're about to move into a new home and I was thinking of getting a rocking chair for the new baby room. (Except bubs is almost one year old (!) so it probably will not be used so much for nursing (although I'm still nursing him but probably not for much longer!) as for storytime/bedtime.)

Anyway, not sure whether I should go for a traditional rocking chair (which may cause more cuts/pinches as bubs crawl around) or a glider/rocker (more bulky and less useful for storytime activities?)

Any advice from anyone using one right now? Also any good brands to recommend?

(I've looked at the Neonato glider in Eugene Club and the Dutaillier from Mothercare - both of which seem really comfortable but very large/bulky and not attractive) and the Sleepytime Rocker from Nursery Works (super expensive and very beautiful, but online reviews say it's not very comfortable and rocking motion is not smooth).

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    I've been using a rocking chair which can be converted into a small 'bed' and a high chair for eating and I found it to be the MOST useful thing around! Our baby is almost 13mths now (almost 14kg) and he still uses it for naps, he feeds himself while slightly inclined and of course we use it as a high chair. We've got an Aprica one but I've seen combi ones too. Hope this is useful!

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    Your talking aobut a rocking chair to fit an adult I'm assuming. I have a rocking chair, rather than a glider becasue I like the motion in a rocking chair better. Personal preference.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Thanks! Yes, I was referring to an adult rocking chair. What brand of rocking chair did you buy, babymommy2? Did you purchase it in Hong Kong? (I've found many great styles on the Internet but unfortunately there aren't many stores that carry them here!)

(Fingerscrossed: Yes, I also have a baby rocker/high chair. I bought the Combi Roanju - and it doubled great as a baby bassinet for the first month or two. I'm now using it solely as a baby highchair.)

deemama is offline Registered User
    i love the glider in bumps to babes except that it is really pricy at $7000! does anyone know where we can find a less expensive one in HK? thanks.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I breastfed my baby in Bumps to Babes once and I was in absolute heaven. I went again just for the breastfeeding experience but they had taken the glider out for renovations or something:(
    If I had the space, I would go glider. I loved it - so comfortable.
    I often see them advertised on asiaxpat and geoexpat for half B2B`s price.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I have an old Dutalier glider I bought secondhand from another mummy and absolutely love it. They are bulky but actually quite light and easy to move around. My LO is now almost 2 and he loves sitting in it and being rocked too (with someone supervising him of course!). They're great to put your feet up and read in too (e.g. when the children are out of the house :-)), so if you have space for one, go for it!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Gliders over rockers, any day.
    Although the ones available in HK really aren't very good. We brought ours over from the US. Not that all the ones from the US are great, but more choice at more quality levels. Rather than the expensive, okay models in HK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast