Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Baby items

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

About the bottle warmer... we never had one and we never had to warm up a bottle for the kids. One of the best pieces of advice that I got as a new mom was to get the child used to drinking milk at room temp. If breastfeeding, breast milk is not warm anyway, the way milk would be warm if heated in a bottle warmer. If baby formula --well, these dissolve very easily and do not necessarily need hot water. This saved us the hassle of having to bring thermal bags, hot water with us when we went out with #1 (who was partially on formula). The only exception was frozen breast milk. We would thaw out the bags in a cup of hot water and we would feed immediately as soon as it's thawed (not necessarily waiting for the milk to get warm).

It's up to you, of course, if you'd feel comfortable with doing what we did. :)

Neha is offline Banned

why dont u to the b2b sale in Ap lei chau they had greats cots beds, strollers, toys and nursery stuff at sale just today

carang is offline Registered User

neha, are the toys on sale too?

Neha is offline Banned

yes all ELC 60% off would be great for your playgroup but check what is left as was yesterday

karenchan is offline Registered User

I have the following items for sell

1. Baby cot - 0/3
    2. Car Seat - Peg-Pereg
    3. High Chair - Aprica

If you feel interest, please give me the email address, so I can send you the photos

carang is offline Registered User

argh! i've spent so much lately, don't think i can spend any more. i'll save the $ and spend it one books when i go to canada next month instead.

thanks, neha

carey is offline Registered User

Hi, I don't actually have any practical advice to offer as I am expecting and due in June. But I want to comment that I learned some good advice from this thread. As a result, I am not getting the bottle warmer as I intended to do after hearing what everyone said.

Being first time parents, we went out and got everything that is on the Geobaby new born list. Both my husband and I were obsessive shoppers. All the things we brought are collecting dust now until the baby's arrival now. :)

We got both our cot and changing table from Ikea. The nice ones. The changing table has an extension piece you can put on to make the changing surface wider and is double as a chest of drawer. The cot can be make into a toddler's bed.

Stroller, we got the Orbit system from Mothercare in Ocean Terminal. My husband love the Orbit, but I can't tell you be how practical it is until we use it. Other parents in the States love it. For Hongkong I think it would be too bulky.

We also have a baby carrier, combi, can carry the baby in five positions.

Bottle sterilizer--Advent.
    Bottles-- Bfree

Regarding clothing, I did hear that hospital encourage you to dress the baby in baby robe, or "monk suit" which makes it easy for changing diapers.

Happy shopping and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

megan2008 is offline Registered User

Swing

I have a small and portable Fisher-Price swing if anyone is interested. Please PM me if interested.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast