Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Baby items

Katebabe is offline Registered User

I have a nursing pillow which comes with back support cushionn (http://www.basiccomfort.com/item.aspx?sku=42015) and infant sleep positioner (http://www.basiccomfort.com/item.aspx?sku=45009). Pls PM me interested

shaanmom is offline Registered User

Hi, I have an Avent Steam Steriliser if anyone is interested. Pls pm me.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVENT-Express-Electric-Steam-Steriliser/dp/B00066LRD2[/ame]

steveholy is offline Registered User

Thank you!

This has been a very useful thread for people like us who plan to have a baby in Hong Kong and need to live here for a short period of time. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will be looking for these items keeping your suggestions in mind.

All the best to you and your families, especially the little ones:)

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steveholy View Post

Stroller (have two slings/carriers, so we are not sure if this will be essential),
    Unless you have a car, and even if you do, I'm pretty sure that you will find a stroller essential--especially if you end up with a larger baby and by 4 months you may not want to lug the baby around in a sling. I have problems with my back that mean that using a sling at all was a no-go but I didn't know that until after my son was born. I would invest in a stroller for sure--especially in Hong Kong.
    As far as baby bath tubs go--you can go to a local HK store and buy a cheap one for like 50 HKD or less--especially since you won't be using it here for long.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

I agree with most of what everyone else has said.

I think the stroller is a must and this is something you can take to the airport anyway when you leave.

I've had two kids so far and never had a change table. Like Carang we use the bed (with a towel underneath) or the floor.

I actually really like bottle warmers. Apartments are smaller in HK so it's not as big a deal if you don't have one but when we were in Oz with our first childe our kitchen was on the ground floor so when the baby woke up at night we'd have to go downstairs to heat up his milk. It was a real pain. Then we worked out that if we left the bottle warmer in our room on the lowest setting with the water already in it we just had to add the formula (which we kept in our room) when the baby woke up. It helped my sanity that's for sure. Who wants to go up and down stairs a few times a night when you're exhausted?

If you are really trying to save money and have a helper you could always get her to boil your bottles instead of buying a steriliser.

Enjoy being a new mum.

carang is offline Registered User

our kitchen is currently on the ground floor, while our bedrooms are on the 2nd. we just use a thermos to keep water hot, then we add room temp water.

as for the stroller, i would still say, wait until the baby arrives

karenchan is offline Registered User

oh..just found out I got the Avent bottle warmer, but I think I didn't use it much..

stamcel is offline Registered User

Good morning,

I am new to this board and have yet to move to HK. Steveholy, maybe we can wrk out a deal I will be moving to HK in late June or July and in great need of baby items...our baby is due in September...if the timing works out that could suit us both well.

regards,
    Celine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast