Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where to find a midwife?

louloute is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by eneri7 View Post
    home births aren't actually legal in hk because of immigration issues. you can technically have the baby at home, but must have police come by to see the baby with umbilical cord attached to "prove" the child was really born in hk. doulas/midwives in hong kong don't want to shoulder that kind of responsibility and will help you at home, then join you at hospital for actual delivery.

just make sure your doctor is supportive of a natural approach. that and having a midwife present at the hospital, i believe, is the best way to go. good luck!
    Thanks, but I don't want to give birth at home, I know it's an issue here, just want to to have early labour at home.
    Unfortunately, I can't have a midwife with me at a public hospital, only husbands are allowed.

hope I'll finally find a solution :/

Quote Originally Posted by MLBW View Post
    loulout,

I will PM you.
    Thanks, I check my box :)

MLBW Guest
    home births aren't actually legal in hk because of immigration issues. you can technically have the baby at home, but must have police come by to see the baby with umbilical cord attached to "prove" the child was really born in hk. doulas/midwives in hong kong don't want to shoulder that kind of responsibility and will help you at home, then join you at hospital for actual delivery.

just make sure your doctor is supportive of a natural approach. that and having a midwife present at the hospital, i believe, is the best way to go. good luck!
    If you give birth in the public hospital you don't get to choose your doctor, right? And are the public hospitals supportive of the techniques and procedures needed for natural childbirth?

Eddy is offline Registered User

There is a private French midwife qualified to be with you in the delivery room, at the Mathilda, Adventist or Queen's mary.
    She can follow you with a birth plan and make sure your wishes are followed.
    If you want her details, PM me

Edith

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBW View Post
    And are the public hospitals supportive of the techniques and procedures needed for natural childbirth?
    Yes, the public hospitals can be very supportive of the need for natural childbirth. For my LO's birth at QMH last March, they followed my birth plan 100% and were attentive to it from the moment we arrived. After my daughter's birth she was put right on my chest and except for 10 mins each morning for bathing, she was with me ALL the time) The experience was about as natural as you can get in a hospital setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    There is a private French midwife qualified to be with you in the delivery room, at the Mathilda, Adventist or Queen's mary.
    She can follow you with a birth plan and make sure your wishes are followed.
    If you want her details, PM me
    That sounds perfect to me, I pm you
    Thanks

eneri7 is offline Registered User

i was always told that a midwife (from annerley) can attend a public hospital birth, but the issue is having both her and your husband present as they only allow one guest. not 100% on this one, but worth asking since it sounds like you would want both, not either or.

really hope this doesn't add confusion. i could very well be wrong about this. best wishes.

i was always told that a midwife (from annerley) can attend a public hospital birth, but the issue is having both her and your husband present as they only allow one guest. not 100% on this one, but worth asking since it sounds like you would want both, not either or.

really hope this doesn't add confusion. i could very well be wrong about this. best wishes.
    Don't worry about confusions, we are here for grabing&giving info, any info/idea is welcome
    Actually, a midwife from Annerley told me that public hospital won't allow a private midwife during labour. It's a point I totally understand! I even don't understand how a hospital can allow this unless they know the person before and checked qualifications themselves, for security reasons.
    Best wishes for you too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12