Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maclaren Quest Mod- Any opinions?

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User
    I too use a quest. It is 3 years old, and currently being used for my second child. It has been wonderful. It has been on numerous flights (and the beating it has had to take from them) and withstood a lot of 'hard' work going up and down stairs, dirt tracks, etc. It is lightweight enough that it makes it easy to get around Hong Kong in most situations, and the recline has never been a problem for my son who is using it now. He happily sleeps in it when we're out and about.
    I love that the quest is easy to open and close... I can do it one handed these days! I can shove it in the back of the taxi with us as well which is incredibly convenient.
    My only complaint is the basket at the bottom is a bit useless as it doesn't store much, but that's the same will all of the lightweight strollers.
    I don't think you can go wrong with the quest because it is lightweight but strong and sturdy.

JoTs is offline Registered User
    I too have a Maclaren Quest. I bought it when my first child was 6 months old (3 years ago) and then my second child used it from 3 months, she is now 11 months. So it is nearly 3 years old and has been used constantly. It is still going strong despite all the bumps and stairs of Hong Kong and it has been on about 20+ flights now too... can't go wrong with a Quest!

Like others say, it doesn't recline completely, but enough for a short nap. The basket is inaccessible when it is reclined and it does fall over if you hang stuff on the handle bars (which it warns you not to do!).

But for a lightweight stroller, definitely the best in my opinion!

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hello all

thanks for all the inputs.. I will definitely get the Quest mod.. so far none the shops I have been ( mothercare, eugeneclub,b2b only have any quest sport) carries the particular colour that I want which is brown and pink!sigh.. and apparently - they may not be carrying that model in hk anymore. Do please let me know if you know of any other stores which carries the Maclaren Quest mod... thanks!

so i guess i will have to settle for black and red ( and stop being so colour conscious !)

will definitely look into the weight stopper thingy as i do NOT want the stroller to fall forward..

what a pity in regards to the basket..it would have been a great help if the basket is BIG and Accessible.. but something just got give right??

peppy5 is offline Registered User
    where is the cheapest place to get strollers. they are so expensive in hk

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi there

i am not sure if there is a cheapest place to get strollers in hk.. depending on the models that you are looking for - i usually go to the usual haunts like Mothercare, B2b, EugeneClub, ToysRus, Bebedreams , Chicco, eco-mama ( for 2nd hand items) etc . i might be wrong though but maybe some other moms may care to let us know if there is one!

jaetee is offline Registered User
    I am needing a new stroller as well - is the Quest better than the Triumph?

The Volo seems nice as well - but maybe a bit too no frills and lightweight?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12