Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maclaren Quest Mod- Any opinions?

augustbump is offline Registered User

Maclaren Quest Mod- Any opinions?

hi there

Any moms out there whom have this stroller model? What do you think of it? Both positive and negative feedback appreciated.

I am looking for a lightweight stroller which reclines for bubs to sleep in ( 6 mths old now). I understand models such as Combi and Graco are supposedly the best light weight strollers but I am not too convinced that this line is all that good for a baby due to the wobbliness , HK cobbled terrain, etc.

I have ruled out maclaren volo ( it does not recline though super light) and maclaren triumph as it also does not recline. The Techno XT/XLR are too heavy although it reclines.

Please, please help me out here! Am going crazy deciding which stroller is best for my poor back!

Any other practical recommendations?

thanks!

lemongrass0116 is offline Registered User
    Maclaren Triunph can recline.
    Here is the information from the web site.
    "Recline Multiple positions with adjusting strap"
    But the angle is a bit smaller than Quest.
    Maximum angle:
    Quest 125 degrees
    Triunph 120 degrees
    Last edited by lemongrass0116; 02-13-2009 at 08:39 PM.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    augustbump,

I have the Quest and have been thoroughly satisfied with it. Been using it since my LO was 3 months old (had to prop her up a little with blankets at the beginning) and still use it now when she is almost 11 months. When I was looking my priority was lightness and ease of folding (had to be one-handed folding). I wish it was a little lighter but that is only because I live on an outlying island and have to put the stroller on the back of my bike to get to the ferry! I was also concerned at first that the recline was not enough but this has not been a problem at all. Bubs sleeps well in it (but then she would probably fall asleep anywhere if she was moving)

On top of all this, the wheels have been able to handle all terrain and are going strong after 8 months of use.

Good luck on your decision!

thanks cyberfish88!i am going to put bubs on the quest tomorrow and see if she likes it or not! I am really hoping that the angle it reclines will be good enough for the little one. She is used to the flat lying ones.

By the way, how cool it is to put the stroller on the bike!

just one question : do you think it makes a difference if the stroller is unable to stand on its own when folded?

thanks!

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Augustbump,

Do you mean the stroller rolls when you lean it up against something when folded? If that is what you mean then there is a solution, you just have to lock at least one wheel. I don't know if the model has changed at all but my wheels each have a nob that moves into the wheel to lock it. I just lock one and it can easily be leaned in an upright position against something. So I never felt any problems there.

Its amazing what you can get on a bike with a bungee cord! :)

yeah.. thats what i meant.. if it rolls when it leans on something. Will definitely look out for the nob thingy. I really do want something lightweight.. my back is killing me with all the lifting either the stroller or the baby. I have a baby sling to transport bubs around when i am roaming in central but she is getting bigger- so needed a stroller that can answer partial of my problem. I just wish the basket is a little bigger....

i wanted to get the quest mod in brown and pink but there is no stock available either in Mothercare or Eugene Club. Sigh...

bungee cord is one of the best invention isnt it?!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I think you have made a good choice. We have the triumph and I am very happy with it except I would have liked it to go back further.

My other advice is to invest in the little stroller weights that go on the front of the stroller to help stop it from tipping over! I got sooooo sick of this happening and only got them about three months ago. I had to buy them from overseas: www.mywendyhouse.com well worth it though!

e-mum is offline Registered User
    I have 2 Quest strollers. Bought the first one 4 yrs. ago for my eldest son. He still uses it if he needs a nap when we are out. Bought a 2nd one when my twins came along. V. happy w/ it. All 3 kids don't have a problem sleeping in it. Would have liked the Techno XT, but found it too heavy to carry. The Quest is still sturdy after 4 yrs.

My friend bought an expensive Combi but I found the handles v. wobbly after 2 yrs. I think the design is mre. suitable for babies & young toddlers. She's now got 2 Quest strollers as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast