Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Avoid Adventist hospital

jjmum is offline Registered User
    As far as I've heard from other's experiences, Matilda always seems to be better than Adventist (for O&G).

rani is offline Administrator
    I gave birth at Adventist and to be honest, had no problems at all. The nurses and mid-wives were very professional and attentive to my needs. This was before the whole bed shortage mess.

pookey is offline Registered User
    I had my first baby at adventist in 2005 before all the overbooking. Back then it was fine, which is why I chose adventist again for no. 2. I can't fault the standard of care and the professionalism of the midwives at the adventist - several of whom remembered me from '05! It's just the stupid administration policy that is plain wrong and unfair on new mothers.

snowbird is offline Registered User
    thank GOD for this forum! I'm due end of June and can't get a bed in Matilda so my OB says 2nd best choice is Adventist who is willing to take me but not without a deposit.

Went for a ward tour and thoroughly not impressed. The nurse who took us around indifferent, automatically thinks I'm doing a c-section (even though I look Chinese but I'm not local) and said there are loads of free formula available if I can't BF - and looked at me as if I was alien when I asked if there is a in-house lactation consultant. My husband & I looked at each other and said, "OK - thanks for your time" and walked out.

We're going public if I still can't get Matilda.

THANK YOU, ladies for all your input.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Quite frankly if your #1 and 2 priorities are baby rooming in and breastfeedingm you'd be better of at QMH. Most babies room in, unless they need special care, and this helps the breastfeeding process.
    There are obvious cons in terms of personal care, but I just had my second baby at QMH, and is was 1000% better than it was in 2005. It seems like all the spotlight on public maternity services has forced them to get their act together - there were more nurses, more nurses with lactation consultant training, and better communication between departments...........
    Just a thought. My birth cost me HK$450. The same at Matilda was going to cost close to $200,000.......

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User
    Yikes, I am having a c-section at Adventist on Friday. Any advice for avoiding this situation? I plan to breastfeed and will be very concerned if I am not able to see my daughter. Can I refuse to be roomed on a different floor?

BabyC is offline Registered User
    as far as i know, they will put you on a different floor if the obstetric floor is full

i just delivered my baby there 2 weeks ago and the obstetric floor wasn't that full, i was told there are places on all types of rooms

m2cw2mhk - congratulations to your new baby!

Elly2009 is offline Registered User
    Oh wished I'd seen this just earlier, I'm having my baby in Aug and just paid deposit yesterday. So regret paying it now.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)