Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Avoid Adventist hospital

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

Maybe everyone's getting a little carried away here with the scaremongering? Surely the small chance of not being on the Maternity floor is not enough to make you want to change hospital? I'm pretty optimistic that for every negative experience there are at least 50 positive ones if not more!

nino is offline Registered User

I don't think this thread is "scaremongering". I appreciate most of the information that I read on this forum and take from it what is useful to me.

As someone who experienced this particular problem first hand, I would have appreciated hearing about it before I paid my deposit, or at the very least, before I delivered. I would have known to ask different questions initially in order to make a more informed decision on my care. The time after the delivery was an extremely confusing and emotional time and had I known what to expect, I would have been better prepared to deal with the situation. I appreciate that people are willing to share their experiences.

I'm not sure I would have changed hospitals based solely on this information, but I would have been better prepared and more informed.

BabyC is offline Registered User

for all those who have not paid the deposit at adventist, i'd recommend HK Sanatorium (if you can get a place there) as there are more nurses there.

my friend had delivered her bb there last year and would highly recommend it

my 1st and 2nd choice were HK Sanatorium and Matilda but they were full when i made the reservation. that's why i have booked adventist

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Hi BabyC - was wondering if you knew how the breast feeding support at HK Sanatorium was. Thanks!

pookey is offline Registered User

m2- I would call adventist now, and ask for a room on the maternity ward. When I was being admitted, they gave me a form to sign that basically said that I agreed to be on the 5th floor, whilst baby was on the 2nd. I said I didn't want to sign it, they said then we can't admit you. I asked for my deposit back, as I was ready to try any other hospital at that point. They refused as there was a room available for me - just not the room I wanted! So I ended up signing it, amid lots of tears! It's really not the kind of situation you want to be in when you're about to give birth, and are all hormonal!

i wasn't lucky enough to get a place there so I don't have the first hand experience to share but my friend told me the nurses there are very patient and professional. they will teach you how to do the bf

to avoid any confusion, i mean the nurses at HK Sanatorium are very professional and patient

hi pookey - my understanding with the adventist policy is that they won't refund the deposit unless they couldn't provide you with a room

the other thing i don't agree with their policy is that even you have paid the deposit, they still couldn't guarantee a room. when i signed the agreement, i wasn't that happy but i didn't have another choice as HKSH and Matilda were full

good luck with your call with them!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)