Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Avoid Adventist hospital

Little bird is offline Registered User
    Hi Elly2009

Thank you for initiating this thread, I went to get my deposit back today and switched to Sanatorium. Did you get full refund or after deducting 10% ($2,000)?

Before I left Adventist I have asked the staff to follow up my request for full refund again, as I think the issue was due to the hospital failed to disclose full information about the surgery floor - I am planning for a Csection and that means I won't be able to see the baby for the first 2 days until I can get off the bed; even so I had to travel to the Maternity ward to see and feed the baby. Had I known about this possibility I might just not consider Adventist at all.

poky is offline Registered User
    I had exactly the same experience when I had a C-Section at the Adventist Hospital on the 27th Feb 2009.
    I was not able to see my little girl for 21 hours after delivery.All I can say is hope no one else has had to go through the same dreadful experience that myself,Pookey and Nino have had to go through.I would therefore strongly suggest not delivering at the Adventist Hospital.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    what about normal birth? anyone have any experiences to share? my doc really pro adventist...

any update on the situation at adventist?!? I'm delivering there in august - it is common practice for hospitals not to be able to confirm your room type (they did that at the Matilda & HK Sanatorium when I had #1 and #2)...but is there still a shortage of nurses and what are the chances I will be on a different floor than my baby? can I ask my doc specifically now that I want to be on the same level? is that stilla concern these days? my doc prefers delivering there, and because I want HIM to deliver I have agreed to deliver there - HK Sanatorium would have been my choice, but it is already fully booked and I would never deliver at the Matilda cause of my prior experience with #1...anyone have information on the latest happenings at Adventist?

KeHK is offline Registered User
    I delivered my baby at Adventist Hospital 2 months ago and was very happy with their service. I planned to have a natural birth, but ended up having a failed induction followed by an emergency c-section. I was able to hold my baby minutes after she was born and breast-fed her about 30 min after the c-section (it takes a while to close up the wound). We spent 5 days in the hospital, baby and I were on the same floor, the doctors were excellent, very friendly and professional, most of the nurses were great too.

All in all, my experience at Adventist was great and when it's time for #2, I will definitely deliver at Adventist Hospital again!

Portia is offline Registered User
    Not sure if this counts as recent, but I had my baby at Adventist with natural delivery in Feb 2010. Baby and I were on the same floor. I was happy with their service. The midwives were good and I felt like I was in reliable hands. Leslie - I'm not sure what room type you're after, but I had no problem getting a private room.

taysty is offline Registered User
    I had a friend delivered in Jan 2010. She stayed in semi private right next to the nursery. They brought her the baby to breastfeed. So i think it's not too bad. But ... becoz of many mainlanders coming to HK to deliver, they're many so called "agent" (to help their baby to get those HKSAR passport and so on) that came pop by into the room my friend was staying and leave their buisness card. And it's like twice when i was there for like a couple of hours. Hence, i dont feel very secured and ask my friend to put all valuables in the safe and be very careful.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your feedback - makes me feel much more comfortable about the whole thing! I really want Dr Lam to deliver and he has the best connections at Adventist...good to know! Thanks for making my day!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)