Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

headache and sweating at night after delivery

BabyC is offline Registered User

headache and sweating at night after delivery

i had delivered my baby last week and since then i have headache and couldn't sleep and sweat a lot at night. does anyone have the same experience?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Yes!!! So glad you mentioned it, I wondered if the headaches were just me. I just had my baby 5.5 weeks ago and I had a constant headache for 3-4 weeks. Nothing would take it away. I still don`t know why though.
    I also sweat a lot at night too. I read that it`s just your body getting rid of all the fluid it still has. So just be patient, I guess, and know that mother nature is doing her thing.
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby, by the way!!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

Please check with your dr. I had this too + large blood clots and actually had a post partum infection my first pregnancy after a c-section and hemorrhaged very heavily 12 days after delivery and was put back into the hospital. Don't want to scare anyone but just wanted to put it out there that you should check everything out with your dr.

carang is offline Registered User

after my first i had the sweats.... i don't recall them after my second. so, i mustn't have had them so much.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

the sweats are your body working and losing the extra weight that it no longer has any use for.

headaches are very often hormonal, but as a pp suggested, they shouldn't be debilitating...check with your dr if they are really bad and "regular" ibuprofin isn't taking away the pain.

BabyC is offline Registered User

thx all for the advice. i am going to my gynae for check up tomorrow and will ask him. hope the headache will go away soon

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

Hope you feel better soon!

louloute is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyC View Post
    i had delivered my baby last week and since then i have headache and couldn't sleep and sweat a lot at night. does anyone have the same experience?
    The severe headache can be a side effect from epidural. The pain occurs when the anesthesic product meet the dura-mater. I will be anable to explain perfectly in english, but basically, the liquid that protects all the nervous system has been modified by the presence of product that has nothing to do there, and give headache.
    I had the same reverse effect after cortisone injections due to a slipped disc on my back. The hospital gave me some morphine (20mg) at that time.
    The problem occured in 2003 for me, and I can say that the pain lasted more than 1 month and was severe despite morphine, and I still have headaches quite often since then, especially in cold weather!
    Ask your obstetrician to give you drugs, he will know better what to give you than a general practitioner.

hope that your headaches are not as severe as the one I had!

Hope you'll feel better soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast