Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Which Hospital to Choose?

niahbear is offline Registered User

Thanks for the Matilda info dmk cheung. I am a HK resident and I have already had the $350 bill from the QM for my first child BUT I just can't do it there again. So we are looking at a large amount of money but its worth it for alot of different reasons. Anyway, my question is what type of package you paid for?

carang is offline Registered User

yes, i understand that she's looking for a private hospital. however to say, "a little bit more" is a little bit misleading. not necessarily for the OP, but for anyone else that may come along and read this thread in the future. i also realise that private hospital vs private patient at a public hospital is about the same.

good luck niahbear! i hope you find a hospital you are happy with!

pascal is offline Registered User

my friend had given birth to both of her children in Matilda, and the bill was over $100K each, of cause she had C-section, I guess that could be more expensive than a natural birth...

mumsy is offline Registered User

I gave birth at the Union a few years ago and my hospital bill came to around $25K (4days/3nights twin room incl. meals, and $9K doctors delivery fee). I was induced on a Saturday and had an assisted delivery (vacuum) and only used gas during the labour.

My OBGYN visits were only $380 each time including the vitamins, and $1500 for the anomaly scan. Having said that, the clinic was always very busy so a lot of waiting around unless you managed to get the early slots.

Bear in mind that you may not get the room choice you want at the Union. There were no private rooms available when I checked in which was very disappointing because I wanted the baby to room in with me, and the option for my husband to spend the night too.

Since that didn't work out, I had to visit the nursery every 4hrs for feedings and my hubby could only hold the baby for 30mins each night (and that was only if he had put his name down in advance!).

Next time around, I am seriously thinking of going public or as a private patient at a public hospital just because I want my baby next to me.

Mom-2-B is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ai li View Post
    HI Niah,

I think I paid the lowest private prenatal consultation throughout my pregnancy.

I paid HK$450 per consultation including ultra sound scan. i think from what I have read in this forum, most pp are paying around HK600-HK$1200. (depending which doctors you are seeing)

My OB practises mainly at Kowloon or new Territories hospitals. He does both the Natural and C-section! If you would to ask me about the hospital, I would highly recommend Union Hospital in Tai wai (New Territories) just a station from Shatin.

Since I had a normal delivery and also not high risk, therefore I cant commend how good my OB was to deal with any high risk or any complications. :Butbut, I would really love to praise him for his bedside manner and also his patience. Besides, he gave me a lot of courages and confidence during my pregnancy. Guess the first time mom also worries too much right! HE WAS SO PATIENT WHENEVER WE VISITED HIM. No rush in his dictionary. My husband cant stop praising him whenever mentioning about giving birth'.

In fact, I recommended him to one of my friend, as she wanted to switched her OB. My friend is very glad that I have recommended my OB to her.

One more thing to praise him , he didnt charge me any unnesscery even though I was under full coverage of my insurance.

If you need more info, pls feel free to ask me.
    :breastfed
    Hi i am also under the Cathay coverage and looking for a cheaper option and doctor to go with.. I am in tung chung though and have been looking at hospitals in hong kong side although i dont mind going somewhere in kowloon too i suppose.. may i pls ask which doctor u were seeing pls and where his office is? How much did he charge you for your delivery and how much did u end up spending during discharge at the hospital (during the 3 nights delivery in hospital with epidural i assume?) would really appreciate your help.. thanks so much

niahbear is offline Registered User

Finally pregnant!!

Hello All,

I'm not sure if the same posters are still reading this thread but I thought I would share my news.....I'm pregnant! It took a bit but it finally happened. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any information on private hospitals in the New Territories? I think the Union hospital seems to be covered but what about the others?

It's decision time!!!:yeah2

Thanks everyone

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Congrats niahbear! I delivered my first at Matilda so no advice on NT private hospitals I'm afraid but very happy for you nonetheless!

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Same situation as SB2 ... so just want to say a big congrats to niahbear!!! It's so awesome :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123