Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help, please

stamcel is offline Registered User

Help, please

Good morning all,

I am in a state of panic.....I am 10 weeks pregnant and living in another country. I will be moving to HK in late June or early July...I read on this forum you should have your hospital and doctor booked by 9 weeks....ugh...I have no friends or family in HK to consult with about hospitals and doctors...I guess we will go private...but it will depend on the costs. I noticed hospital offer package deals...I guess this is how it is done. Has anyone arrived in HK at 7 months pregnant with out a doctor or hospital booked? Any advice on what to do?

kind regards,
    stamcel
    This site has been very helpful, thanks.

Last edited by rani; 02-19-2009 at 11:29 AM.

goodbye kitty is offline Registered User

I'm sorry that I cannot tell you about booking a private hospital but I will say that you need not get yourself into a panic. If all else fails, you can get a private OBGYN when you get here for antenatal care and deliver in one of the many public hospitals for next to nothing. It may not be as luxurious as a private hospital but you won't get turned away.

You can perhaps call some private hospitals directly to see if they can give you any help.

Good luck and congrats!

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

plesse do not panic. Its hard to get a place in the hospital when you are so advanced into your pregnancy but it is not impossible.

i was due in early nov 2008 and I only came back to HK on 1st Aug 2008. I managed to get a place in the hospital to deliver my boy,

Feel free to pm me if you need more info.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

If you will have HK ID you can deliver at public hospitals easily - they won`t turn you away with ID. 7 months will still give you time.
    As for private hospitals, it`s true that they fill up quickly, but not all of them. I had my baby in January and due to a possible change in living plans (i planned to have my baby here on the mainland), I suddenly tried to have my baby in HK. And this was at 34 weeks! I called most private hospitals - they basically all said they were full, but advised me to first see an ob/gyn who would need to refer you and then to try and see if there were openings. Since I didn`t want to run around HK at 34 weeks visiting different ob/gyns in hopes of an opening, I didn`t go that route.
    BUT - I actually had visited a private one before at Union Hospital in Shatin. I was then put on a waiting list and was accepted within a few weeks. I only turned them down because they could not guarantee me a twin room, and I didn`t want to be stuck with a $80,000 + bill for a private room.
    So anyway, it IS possible, but it will save your sanity to just go the public route if you have ID. And it`s virtually free.

stamcel is offline Registered User

Thank you all for your helpful advice....I am no longer in panic mode....http://www.geobaby.com/forum/images/smilies/yeah2.gif

Scroll to top