Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP~~~excruciating period pains!

carang is offline Registered User

HELP~~~excruciating period pains!

Please help!

Since i first started getting my period 24 years ago, i've suffered EXCRUCIATING period pains. it's mostly in my lower back with some in the lower belly. it feels like someone is trying to cut through me with a dull serrated knife! i have found that the pain is worse when my flow is heavy. there are times that the pain is blinding!

along with the pains, i get a headache for a week. last night i slept almost nothing because of the pain. i had an electric heat pad for my back and an ice pack on my head!

i don't know what to do! my mum told me that it would probably get better after i had a child...well.... i've got two and they are just as bad as ever. i can't keep missing work because of them! i have a 45 minute drive to work and i'm afraid of driving it as i find it difficult to keep my eyes open. when the pain hits, all i can do is close my eyes and breathe deeply (like in labour) until it recedes slightly. sometimes it takes an hour!!!

i've taken ibuprofen, dologesic, ponstan etc all to no avail.

does anyone have any suggestions? could it be endometriosis? i understand with that though that it can be difficult to get pregnant. i got pregnant both times the first try, and when i say that i mean, hubby was house-sitting for someone and i told him what day to come back for some snooky and VOILA! BABY!

PLEASE HELP! i can't stand another 20 years of this agony!

mela is offline Registered User
    Yes it could. You should see a doc as there is a test that can be done I think they measure the level of CA125.To know for sure you would probably have to have a laparoscopy. I'm endometriosis sufferer and I had it removed this way. I also got some drugs that helped. Endo doesn't always cause infertility. I dont suffere from bad pain and I would have never known I had it if that wasn't for my ectopic pregnancy.
    Talk to go good gynae. Also if you had c- section it can make it worse as it can cause adhesions. Pregnancy stops the symptoms for a while but they tend to come back.
    Hope you feel better soon
    x
    p.s I find taking ibuprofen as soon as my period starts before the big pain comes helpful. I just take it regurarly for the first two days pain or no pain

Neha is offline Banned
    Yes it could be. i went thru the same blinding pain I was popping upto 8 advils a day to get by the day and still couldnot sleep in the night. Better go to the Dr and get any doubts cleared. Best of luck

syuan is offline Registered User
    apart from endometriosis, it could also be a fibroid. when i was in my 20's, my fibroid was about 5-7cm big, and period pains were intolerable. lucky i was able to have 2 kids, and the period pains after kids did seem better than before kids. but fibroid has been growing over the years, from orange to grapefruit to melon, and the painful periods are now back again. also seems much more difficult to get pregnant with #3!

you would be able to see with an ultrasound.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    sounds like endometriosis, our could be fibroids as mentioned. i suffered for many years before my kids with insane pain and migraines....

since having my 2kids, the chocolate cysts have shrunk from 4-5 cm cysts on each ovary to 1cm on the left side. since there is not cure and surgery is the only way to remove them, i have been trying out a gluten free diet for the past 2 months and it does seem to help with the cramping. If I eat wheat, I feel tender in my lower abdomen.

see a dr. and have it checked out carang!!! take care!! endo is really really painful. some days i would just lay on the couch in a ball and literally couldn't move i was in so much pain...don't want to go back to that so I am doing my best to maintain the 1cm one now so it doesn't grow to that size again.

So sorry to hear about everyone's pain...its really awful to be in pain on a regular basis...sigh...

for pain i would take arcoxia as ibuprofen didn't cut it for me.

carang is offline Registered User
    well.... i've now been in bed for two days. i got up this morning, struggled through my shower, had hubby support me while i got dressed and then he walked me down to the car. i got in, started the car and then sat there for about 3 minutes. i couldn't move. i was afraid i'd black out while driving the pain was so bad.

i've been in bed since coming back into the house at 8am. i've got my heating pad on full, which helps a little, but don't know if i can even make it in to see a doctor!

argh! and to think in 10 years my poor daughter may well be going through the same thing!

oh no!! sounds awful!!! maybe you can get your dr. to make a house call, or have your hubby pick up some pain meds from the dr first so you can at least make it to the drs? sounds quite serious carang...hope you are ok....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast