Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

baby awakes a few times during the night

carang is offline Registered User
    newborn babies spend about the first 3 weeks sleeping, eating and pooping... that's it... nothing else. so, it is unlikely that she is sleeping too much during the day.

how often are you feeding? are you breastfeeding or formula feeding?

BabyC is offline Registered User
    i feed her roughly every 3 hours. tried to breastfeed but don't have much milk so i ended up giving her formula most of the time

Eddy is offline Registered User
    A baby starts making the difference between day and night by the 3rd/4th week.
    You should feed your baby every 3 hours.
    A baby will need about 16/20 hours sleep during the 24 hours period. If you baby sleeps too much during the day, don't be surprsied she's up at night.
    it's got nothing to do with being scared of the dark ( too young to realize that kind of things.)
    I would highly recommend swaddling her and making sure she is fed every 3 hours ( 7pm/11pm/around 2 to 3am/ 6/7am). Try to keep her awake 30 mns after each day feed.

You can pm me if you need more advice.
    Edith

carang is offline Registered User
    you dont' have much milk BECAUSE you are not breastfeeding. it is a case of demand and supply. the MORE you bf, the more you produce.

i just think that your baby is too young still... relax and go with the flow. all babies cry, it's how they communicate.

if you've eliminated:
    wet/dirty nappy
    hunger
    cold/hot

maybe your baby just wants a cuddle. cuddles to a baby are just as important as food/milk/clothes etc.

mosmom is offline Registered User
    eddy
    do you think all babies are the same?? they're not robots, you know... you can't fit every baby into a rigid schedule.
    where do you have the info that babies should be fed every 3 hours at those specific times you mention? what if the baby cries inbetween those set times because she's hungry?
    agree with your other points..

babyc
    congratulations on your newborn :)
    agree with carang.
    to add one more thing: you mention that you put baby into moses basket all day. do you also hold her/carry her apart from when you feed/bathe her? maybe she needs more mommy-touch :) don't worry, by carrying her (in a sling/wrap), you won't spoil her! on the contrary, you'll give her a sense of safety and coziness. which baby doesn't like to smell mommy? ;)
    you can try to follow a 'schedule' for your baby - but not all babies 'function' this way (in any way, it's really too early right now). so, i guess you need to try and figure out what works best for you and your baby in the coming few weeks and months.

i do hold/cuddle my baby a lot when she is awake, but when she is sleeping, i will either put her in the moses basket or my bed and i will sleep with her

i just bought a soothing music CD - go to sleep little baby - hope baby would like it

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    good luck with the cd's.

at 12 days old there is no such thing as "too much sleep". you can try to unwrap a layer, tickle her toes, keep her awake after feeds, but beyond that, a newborn is going to need that sleep!!!

good luck with the cd's.

haha..i will let you know tomorrow if the CD works

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast