Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No cry sleep solution

geomum is offline Registered User

No cry sleep solution

Could anyone tell me where I can buy this book 'No Cry Sleep Solution' Elizabeth Pantely?
    I still rock my 11 month old to sleep day & night and she wakes up once in the night around 2- 2:30am. Earlier it might have been because she was hungry but now its because she doesn't know how to put herself back to sleep. I am totally against CIO, so if there are mums out there who have successfully tried something to help their babies sleep on their own or ways to make them to sleep throughout the night please share your experience with me. Thanks :)

shri is offline Administrator

Koan is offline Registered User
    I have the book for toddlers. I haven't really used many of the ideas yet, I'm still 'researching' by tracking my son's sleep habits. But from what I can tell, the goal is not really sleeping through the night, as even adults wake up a few times a night.

If your 11mnth old is only waking up once a night (presumably to feed?) then your child is technically 'sleeping through the night.' This would mean a 6hr stetch of sleep? That's great!

putput is offline Registered User
    My baby used to wake up every 2 hours and would need to be nursed back to sleep. One night, I put my baby in her cot and kept my hand near/on her hand. She woke up every hour and cried for half hour each time but I didn't pick her up. The second night she woke up once and cried for 20 minutes and I sat by her side and touched her hand. That was it. After that, she slept through the night (6.45pm-6am)and now all i do is put my hand on her back at bedtime, she settles into her favourite position and falls asleep. If I take my hand off her back before she falls asleep,she pops her head up to see where I am. This is fine with me as she falls asleep in 5 mins (started off with 40 mins and slowly decreased) and I find it endearing that she wants me there as she falls asleep. Any change will naturally involve a certain amount of crying and I understood, although it was tough, that that was why she was crying. I wasn't comfortable with leaving my baby in a room alone to cry it out so felt that this, for me and my little one, was the best option. Not sure if this is something you would wish to consider?

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    that's so special (that your daughter pops her head up to make sure you're still there)! those are the things that make parenting worth it :)

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Geomum, It is available in Dymocks. I am also willing to sell my copy if pickup is convenient. I am against CIO as well specially for the first 3 months and tried Elizabeth Pantley in this last month, but haven't been successful. I was able to increase his nap time though- it worked like a charm. I am still keeping a log as she suggested and a rough pattern emerged which was an eye opener. So I have been tweaking this pattern with Gina Ford routines- I feel like a closet CIO person....:(.

Finally, the baby sleeps great but he wants my lap and patting to go to sleep. I am planning to follow similar to putput's method. I keep postponing the start because I know I will need to follow through and rough it out for a few days....

putput is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Megan 2008. Makes my heart melt every time!

BabyC is offline Registered User
    putput - i will try your method this Fri as my husband doesn't need to work on Sat.

my baby is now 17 days old and she's been crying a few times during the night even after the feed. she stops crying when i pick her up and starts looking at me. can't leave her to cry for more than 15 mins as my husband has to work the next day

btw, how old is your baby?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast