Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr Michael Rogers

nikidi is offline Registered User

Dr Michael Rogers

Would appreciate your views/recent experience with Dr Mike Rogers who took over Dr Dawkin's practice.

Elly2009 is offline Registered User
    Hi!

Dr Dawkins was my Obs and Gyn for my first child which was just last year and I'm having my second one now and just so miss him. I went to Dr Michael Rogers who took over his surgery and was totally diappointed! He may have a lot of knowledge but was just not a good doctor facing patients. He didn't seem to know the how to operate the ultrasound machine. I was so worried I asked the nurse Daisy if he was really ok, she said yes, he taught Dr Dawkins as he was a professor.

But I just didn't think he was good so I changed Dr. Hear Dr Alex Doo was good and went to him and even though so many ppl said good stuff on him, he scared the hell out of me and said a lot of unnessary things and gave me unnecessary treatments! Another more experience Dr which I consultated said he was totally unnecessary with his treatments. I gave Dr Rogers another try and no way was I going to see him again. He told me to take blood test previously and did not have a glance of the results in my second check up!

He didn't look at the notes he wrote previously in my previous consult and I had to remind him this and that.

I ended up seeing Dr Stephanie Chow who is very good and very experienced even thought she is Chinese she is very western.

but I would not recommend either Dr Doo or Rogers to anyone.

both Drs charges are extremely high!

nikidi is offline Registered User
    Thanks Elly, I had a bad experience with him and hence the Post in this forum. Having had the first baby with Dr Dawkins, thought I should continue with the same practice for my second, a big mistake! Now in my second trimester, looking urgently for a new Ob. Any recommendations? Would appreciate any feed back on your recent experiences with Sally Ferguson?

Elly2009 is offline Registered User
    I was in the same situation as you previously, as I said I am now with Dr Stephanie Chow, though she is Chinese She is just like a Western Doctor cos me myself don't like Chinese Docs!

I'm afraid I've not heard anything about Sally Ferguson but do not go to Lucy Lord, my sister is a nurse and she says Lucy Lord is not good.

Good Luck!

Lozz83 is offline Registered User
    I can highly recommend Dr Christine Choy, she safely delivered my son into the world last July. She is very competent, has a lovely bedside manner and better than any western doctor I have been to - in Oz and the UK!

I had such an amazing and easy pregnancy/birth under her care! Her nurses are lovely too!

Her office is in Central and the number is: 3112 0480.

firsttime_mommy is offline Registered User
    Hi Elly, could you elaborate a little more on your experience with Dr Rogers, as I'm going to him, and am having second thoughts mainly because he is expensive and i thought he made me undergo some rather expensive treatments without telling me his fees first. Was your experience along similar lines?

mela is offline Registered User
    I have to disagree with your opinion about dr Doo. I went thru an extremely difficult pregnancy and he was excellent. I called him many times even at night and he was always there to help. He is very experienced and known for his skills when it comes to ultrasounds. I know at least three more people who used him and were thinking highly of him.Sorry you had a bad experience. I suppose it can happen with any doctor - it's a very personal and important choice to make.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I saw Dr Rogers once (he was the emergency on call dr at Matilda when I had to go in for a problem). I had seen Dr Dawkins for my previous pregnancy but I went with Grace Cheung for my second and really liked her (many of my friends had recommended her). I didn't like the way Dr Rogers questioned me point blank as to why I didn't come to him for my second pregnancy. He asked me straight out "why didn't you come to me since you were seeing Dr Dawkins" which I thought was a bit rude (particularly given I was stressed out at the thought of possibly losing my baby at the time) and felt like he was putting pressure on me. I also didn't like his bedside manner when he saw me in the hospital. He also tried to schedule follow up appointments with him but I politely said I'd continue seeing Dr Grace instead. Felt like he was very obviously trawling for patients.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast