Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Export outlets for baby/kid's clothes

liann is offline Registered User

Smile Export outlets for baby/kid's clothes

Have searched the forum board and related topics seem to be rather out dated.

There seem to be a few areas which are suggested for outlet shopping: Fa Yuen STreet, Granville Road, Li Yuen STreet, Johnson Rd adn Lee Garden Road.

Could anyone advise which areas are actually good for toddlers clothing?

Also any idea of opening and closing times for these shops?

Thanks very much in advance for all advice and help

Neha is offline Banned

good shopping for kids is Stanley market. they close by 6.30 p.m.
    Other places u mentioned no idea

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Stanley Market. You'll find quite a good variety of children's clothing (baby & toddler). There are quite a few shops that I frequent for my kids' clothing. You get mostly export overruns --Carter's, Next, Jacadi, OshKosh, etc.

Some shops in Stanley are open by 10am. Not sure what time they close... 6pm?

rani is offline Administrator

Stanley definitely has the best selection

southside852 is offline Registered User

stanley market - has pottery barn kids, ralph lauren, janie & jack, oshkosh, carters etc...

liann is offline Registered User

Thanks very much for all the replies...I will be in HK for a short trip the following week so hoping to pick up some stuff for my 2 year old son....Most prob will be staying on HK island though...and as I only have a day for shopping, was originally not going to go to Stanley market as it seems rather far away....looks like I have to make a trip :-)

Sorry but could anyone give me more detailed instructions on where exactly in Stanley market the shops with stuff for kids are?

Southside and Buckeroo...would you mind sharing your fav shops?

p.s. Just in case I have time, any one other location I can try shopping at apart from Stanley market? Anywhere I could visit for reasonably priced toys/books and misc kid's stuff?

southside852 is offline Registered User

i think the name of the street is "old stanley street." it's an alley way with all children's clothing. if you get off at the bus terminal, walk down to the market by the taxi roundabout (the library municipal building is to your right). stay to your right, you'll pass by a flower shop and a couple of other children's clothing (don't buy from them!), you'll pass by the Salvation Army too and then just a bit further down on your left is the alley. You'll see it. There are tons of moms in there. It's cramped, but tons of great stalls!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

It's not exactly easy to describe the shops in Stanley as most of them don't really have names... The only one that I think I can easily describe to you is one store on the main drag that sells Crocs... and LOTS of kiddie clothes. It's the only one that sells Crocs, so you won't miss this. They have nice Pottery Barn Kids stuff, among others.

The other ones that we frequent...I don't even know how to begin to tell you where they are. Stanley is not big and you will be able to do the rounds of shops in a couple of hours, I reckon. You will see plenty of shops that sell kids' clothing. Prices between the shops won't vary too much. Good luck.

About books, while you are in Stanley, I'd recommend making a short walk to Stanley Plaza where Book Buddy is. I love the books they have there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast