Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Self Employed Parents??

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

Self Employed Parents??

Hi there, I am a Work from Home mom (WFHM) and would like to network and meet other WFHM or self-employed parents. How do you manage your time during the day? Meet deadlines when kids are sick? How did you get started with your business and what has worked for you? I used to run my own company before i had kids but I find after I have children, it's just so much harder to get things up and running! And I am constantly torn between growing a business and spending more time with my kids!! Please share your stories, experiences, and tell us what you do!!! xx

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Hi, MM. WFHM here as well.
    How do you manage your time during the day?
    I am lucky in many ways in that what I do, I can really schedule ahead of time and I usually schedule these for when I know I can spend time away from the kids. Also, having a helper helps tons. When I do workshops and trainings from my home, she takes the kids downstairs to play for a bit.

Meet deadlines when kids are sick?
    Because my work is centered around families/children, my clients can understand when I had to reschedule a workshop because one of my children was sick (this happened only twice since I first started the business). Likewise, with our Home Office in the US, I know that they would be understanding when I ask for an extension on the deadlines for my reports in case I needed more time because I had to tend to something in the family.

How did you get started with your business and what has worked for you?
    Ha, ha. This is a long story. You can read up on it on our website. Again, I just think that I have been extremely fortunate to have found something that I believe in passionately and love to do... and also be able to earn some money in the process.

Hey, MM. Maybe you should organize a meet-up for all WFHM and we can exchange ideas and see how we can mutually support each other.

I'm already helping to distribute some flyers and brochures at my workshops... maybe we can explore other ways of being able to help other WFHMs out.

This has actually been on my mind for some time. I just haven't been able to get my act together and really act on this... So maybe we can start the ball rolling here. :)

chef is offline Registered User
    Hi MM , Buckeroo,just came across this post .What a brilliant idea to meet regularly and help each other out ,with ideas ,suggestions etc .
    I too am a WFHM , could start the first round coffee morning cum cupcake tasting session at my place .
    Let me know what you think ????
    Last edited by chef; 03-01-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Chef, sounds good! :) I'm in. We'll just have to work out a day/time.

chef is offline Registered User
    Lets start planning!!! MM are you in ?Would yull prefer March or April?

carang is offline Registered User
    PLEASE try to make it when i can come, too!!! i'd love to come, especially knowing what the cupcakes are like!

as you all know already, i'm self-employed as is hubby. he's lucky enough to work from home, i, however, have to go to work.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm going away at the end of march for a month....i may have to miss out the first few meetings... boo hoo!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast