Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bugaboo Bee users

mela is offline Registered User

Bugaboo Bee users

Hi

I would like to hear your opinions about the bugaboo bee. I know there are some older bugaboo threads here but most of them are about chameleon. I see bees all over HK now so it looks like they are very popular. What do you think? I read some uk reviews where people complained about the handles and folding it up. Do you find it difficult?
    I'm beginning to research strollers and I can't decide between bee and chameleon so HELP please:)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i don't have a bugaboo - we have the maclaren techno xt, but all my friends who do have the bugaboo LOVE it, but always seem to get a maclaren at about 10 months due to it's bulkiness and it's not very travel friendly at airports.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi mela

our bee gets used every day, on public transport, ocean park etc with no problems. I don't really see what problem there could be with the handles, and the folding is quite easy. Maybe you should go into a shop and have a play? I chose the bee over the cameleon principally because I found the cameleon too big to lift up and down stairs on my own and because we don't really have space to store it! Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice
    Plumtree how do you manage folding it when in the taxi/public transport - do you carry a sling for the baby or is it doable while holding the little one? The lady in the shop said you had to use both hands to fold it.

Elly2009 is offline Registered User
    I bought my bee when first came into HK, in fact ordered it quite earlier on at Bumps to Babes. I'm not sure about future batches but my batch had a lot of problems, I had exchange my bee 3 times until I finally got one which was ok.

Nothing wrong with the handles. The problems I had was with opening the stroller, it would never come up fully, it wasn't about you pulling stronger, my husband had to try very very hard to pull it right up, but it shouldn't be like that so we exchanged it. Then with the second one the seating swayed towards one side of the stroller and everytime I opened it, it would scratch onto the handles on the side.

It is a good convenient small size stroller to have compared to other brands like combi, but I find a lot the buttons on the stroller are quite stiff, well for mine anyway. Even though you can change the seat to face the baby to yourself or the other way round, it's not that convenient. I am having another baby and have brought the Quinny Buzz, compared to the Bee even though it is much bigger, I find it more easier to manage, with opening the stroller, closing it, switching seat, much easier. You can also clip on the Maxi Cosi car seat just like the bee and it comes with the adaptors, but for Bee you need to buy the adaptors separately.

fragrance_t is offline Registered User
    i heard that bee has its pro to fold into one piece. however, the steadiness isn't as good as cameleon. HK has the bee everywhere because they can't sell it in uk so i heard they dump it to hk... not sure if that's true.
    plus, cameleon can change the handle direction without taking out the seat. that's a good feature.

i'm also debating, not sure the fold-into-one-piece feature will be how important while dwelling in a crowded city like hk.

I got bee in the end and can't wait to take it for a walk:) Not sure about "dumping" bee in HK as they are very popular in the uk and in fact when my hubby tried to buy it there he was told he would have to wait a week for the right colour to arrive. I really liked cameleon too but thouught that as I live in Central and don't have a car it would be too big for the MTR etc. I think the fold feature is good for saving space and the more stuff I buy the smaller the space is:)Little people seem to need way too many things!

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    I think Bee looks really good but have heard that it's a bit small/narrow. Some people say that they need to get a bigger stroller after the baby is 1/1.5 year-old. What's Bee users' experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast