Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

English speaking Kindergarten in HK island

N&F mom's is offline Registered User

English speaking Kindergarten in HK island

Hi, there. We just moved in HK Dec last year. I have a 6 years old boy, and a 2 years old daughter. We are currently living in Tai Koo area and we are looking forward to put our 2 years old daughter in an English speaking kindergarten. After looking around, we found 2 possible candidate:
    1. St. Anna kindergarten (Anglo Chinese and International) this one is located near our home
    2. Rosaryhill kindergarten in Wan Chai
    Does anyone have any information that may be usefull about these 2 schools?

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    Hi, welcome to HK.
    I also live in Taikoo and my girl, 3.5 years, is currently attending St. Anna's, but the local stream section (that is both Chinese and English; and half an hour of Mandarin every Friday morning).
    She started there starting when she was 2, and loves it there. I think the teachers are very patience, I say the class is huge, 28 students vs 3 teachers in her class, but she still managed to have quiet a lot of interactions with the teachers.
    When will your girl start?

Tx. My girl already started on last Tuesday in the morning nursery class, with Ms Arianne. But she will repeat the class on Sept, cause she not old enough to K1.
    I think my girl also loves being there, but today she is crying when I left her alone.

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    Hi
    How do you like the school so far?
    I think that's the same teacher that teaches my girl every Tuesday in her Interest Class (English).

marie313 is offline Registered User
    hi
    im thinking of sending my daughter there in september, but i was wondering how much english they get in the local stream? and is it taught by a native english teacher?

i was also looking at st dominics and creative kindergarten in heng fa cheun. does anyone know anything about these schools?

Smile

Hi, my girl likes the school. She likes to wear the uniform. She is in N1B class with Ms. Arianne. Her teacher just told me, she doing fine, but sometimes they don't understand what my girl want because she can't speak English yet. She speaks Bahasa, since we just talk to her in English since we moved here (just for 2 months). But I think she understand it, just can't speak it. She will learn. How your child? Do she speak English too?

Tx