Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advice from parents of very active babies...

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i agree with carang. don't flip her if she can flip herself. we always put my son on his back for bedtime, but he immediately flips to tummy.

when i first tried to figure out my son's routine, i recorded when i saw signs of him getting tired and then when he actually went down for his sleep. after you do this for 3-4 days like carang suggested, you'll see a pattern and use that that to direct her new sleeping schedule.

Is there a reason why there's a night light? I would perhaps do without that.....

carang is offline Registered User
    i only started with a night light when my son became aware of "monsters & ghosts". that was about a year ago. he's 4. my daughter is in the same room as him, so they share the light. but, it REALLY isn't necessary. babies only 'LEARN' to be scared of the dark when they get older. think about it logically... it ain't exactly light or bright in the womb, is it?

lylee is offline Registered User
    thanks for both your advice. i actually don't mind if she sleeps on her belly, the reason why i flip her back is because when she's on her tummy, she's looking around the room rather than sleeping... and it's not for 15mins, it could go on for an hour or more if we just leave just leave her alone. she seems to have problem soothing herself to sleep.

but i agree & will try to let go of the book's schedule & rather let herself figure her own schedule out... & try to do without the night light. we put it there because she would cry everytime we turned out the light when she was ~2 months old.

carang is offline Registered User
    if she's not ready to sleep, she won't sleep whether she's on her belly or on her back. like i said, if she's happily playing leave her.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i agree w/ carang. try letting bb lead for the nap times. also, no need to flip her at night, she should be fine on her tummy. you flipping her might let her misunderstood that its a game. if you leave her alone, maybe she'll soon fall back to sleep.

good luck.

lylee is offline Registered User
    she fell asleep after 2 hrs yesterday on her tummy & didn't get up until 7am this morning! thanks all for your advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12