Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to get baby oats?

augustbump is offline Registered User

Where to get baby oats?

hi everyone!

i thot i should introduced some sort of oats to my 6mths old. Where can I get it HK? I have tried 360, city super and the local supermarkets but to no avail.

So far she has been on brown rice cereal and i think she maybe constipated due to it. She cries each time she poos.. poor thing. I am feeding her apple and prune fruit, pear and loads of water and hoping that i dont have to insert any glycerin into her.

thanks

southside852 is offline Registered User

We get our rolled oats for his oatmeal from 360 and I have now seen the same bag at our Taste in Stanley.

hi southside!

can you please let me know what is the packaging brand? Obviously we missed it. And is it suitable for a 6mths old?

thanks for much!

Matty is offline Registered User

Bumps to Babes have the Holle Brand.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

You can buy Rolled Oats at 360, Olivers, Citysuper, Taste and now even Wellcome stocks a brand of rolled oats (not organic). Bob's Red Mill is one of the organic brands.

For a young baby though the best thing is to grind it to a fine powder first and then cook. (1/4 cup oats added to 1 cup boiling water for 10 mins). You can do this with almost any grain! I did this for my LO and rarely fed a boxed cereal.

southside852 is offline Registered User

augustbump, it's Bob's Red Mill organic oats and it's by the cereal section at 360. it's totally suitable for baby oatmeal, just puree it to your desired consistency and mix with a pear. we used annabel karmel's first oatmeal recipe. my son loved it!

hey everyone

thanks for letting me know.. i have been looking at the wrong aisle all this time!! will try the oat/pear recipe.. seriously need to get bub's constipation problem eradicated!

Scroll to top