Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spotting/light bleeding in 2nd trimester

mama-to-be is offline Registered User
    So doctor tells me I've got some bacteria that requires antibiotics. I'm really wary about taking antibiotics as it really kills your immune system making you more susceptible to catching other forms of bacteria or infections..... very frustrated......

mela is offline Registered User
    Well potentially bacteria can be more dangerous than antibiotics - it can cause early labour etc. I'm sure your doc knows what he is doing. I had UTI couple of weeks ago and got antibiotics and it wasn't that bad. Take some probiotics at the same time to protect your stomach.
    Good luck n hope you're feeling better soon

Koan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mama-to-be View Post
    Thanks for sharing Koan. That must have been quite scary for you! When did you start spotting/bleeding - from how many weeks on? My doc just said when he was performing an internal inspection that it looks a little red but otherwise from the scan everything looks normal. That's why he thinks its an infection
    Straight away, as in 4 wks pregnant. It continued on and off until I was about 35wks. The dr said I had to go to the hospital and get checked each time, but I stopped doing that around 25wks. I hate internals, the spotting would usually go away after a day or two, and while I wasn't 'cool' about it, I knew what it was and that there was little anybody could do.

Little bird is offline Registered User
    I am starting my week 25 today, and also has some light brown spotting 10 days ago. It happened twice over two days so on the second day I went to the doctor. Also apparaently ok but taken some fluid for lab test. Now awaiting result! I had been quite active before (yoga, walking around, lunching with people, shopping for BB stuff), but since the dr visit I stopped going out and the spotting stopped too... Fingers crossed for the results!

mama-to-be is offline Registered User
    Hi Little Bird
    I am currently taking the antibiotics due to the infection the doctor found in my fluids. Didn't bleed yesterday but was spotting quite a bit today. Really strange. I too am pretty active and have slowed down since last Monday when the spotting started. But strangely the spotting is the worse today than ever - in the past it was just a very small amount. I will call my doc tomorrow to just make sure.... Hope you get over this soon too! Btw, I'm 21 weeks.

Little bird is offline Registered User
    Hi mama-to-be

Yes you better call the doc again! They should have told you what to expect - I would expect the spotting to either stop immediately or gradually reduce. You take care! If necessary visit one more OB doctor.

I haven't had any spotting at all since my staying at home, so I guess slowing down on activities really helps!? I am still awaiting my results - will call tomorrow to follow up. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12