Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotting/light bleeding in 2nd trimester

mama-to-be is offline Registered User

Spotting/light bleeding in 2nd trimester

Has anyone ever experienced spotting/light bleeding in their 2nd trimester? It all started a few days ago when there was some fresh blood (red color) in my undies around the size of a 5 dollar coin and then nothing till the next day when I went to the loo and saw some more blood on the tissue and then nothing again till the next day when I went to the loo again and saw some blood on the tissue. I did go to the doctor who says thankfully baby is fine and from the scan my uterus and plancenta seems fine. Ob/gyn took some fluids from me to do a culture as he said it could be a vaginal infection but I'm just so worried as this has never happened to me before!!!!

Anyone have similar experiences to share?

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    This happened to me with my first baby and my obgyn told me to stay off my feet for 2-3 days. I was in japan at the time on holiday but listened and spent the next few days our our trip in bed. sometimes if you're running around and doing lots of activities (which i was doing) your body just needs a rest. put your feet up and spend a few quiet days at home. if you obgyn doesn't think it's anything serious, you should be ok!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am pretty active - go swimming & lots of walking, i've got a 2 yr old child and currently no helper so not much opportunity to rest really. I will be taking it easy in the next few days.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    No problem! I remember when it happened and hubby and I were so freaked out!! With #2, you're more easy going about things but it would still have worried me if that happened. It must be tough to be pregnant, no helper and a 2yr old! My older son wasn't walking yet when I was pregnant with my 2nd so even though i didn't think so at the time, i now realize how much more tired i would have been if he had been older!! try to take some time to rest and take care of yourself!!

mela is offline Registered User
    When I was around 11 weeks I had bleeding that lasted for nearly two weeks. It turned out that it was a cervical errosion. The buba looked fine on the scan so the doctor told me to rest for a week - I did and it went away one day. It freaked me out too but it turned to be ok. The main thing is that you went to see the doctor and he said all is ok.If it was a bleeding from the uterus it would show on the scan.
    Take care

Thanks Mela. Thankfully the doc said that my uterus and it's surroundings look normal so he said it may be an infection. But it's still so hard not to worry eh?!

But funnily enough he didn't said that I needed bed rest. Just to take it easy. Perhaps / hopefully it's coz he doesn't think it's that bad a situation???

Koan is offline Registered User
    I had spotting and bleeding (at the most it lasted 2 weeks at a time) throughout my pregnancy, eventually the dr decided I had an irritable cervix. I would spot if I walked too much, was more active than normal, and even after pushing to do #2...

Thanks for sharing Koan. That must have been quite scary for you! When did you start spotting/bleeding - from how many weeks on? My doc just said when he was performing an internal inspection that it looks a little red but otherwise from the scan everything looks normal. That's why he thinks its an infection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast