Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First baby, live in west Kowloon, is Matilda too far?

boxofbeans is offline Registered User

Smile First baby, live in west Kowloon, is Matilda too far?

Hi everyone,

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby. My husband and I went to tour the Adventist and Matilda and we are very keen with giving birth at Matilda. The only concern is that we live in west Kowloon (near Olympic station) and the taxi ride from where we live to the hospital will be about 35 to 45 minutes. Is this too far? Has anyone of you been in similar situation? We asked our Dr. and she says that being that it's our first born it will not be an issue as the labor is going to be a longer process.

I'd love to hear about your birth experiences in terms of how far you lived from the hospital.

Thank you!

Elly2009 is offline Registered User
    I live in Mei Foo and I had my first Baby in Matilda. I don't it was in issue. We took a taxi via the western tunnel and arrived in 30 mins.

boxofbeans is offline Registered User
    Hi Elly2009,

Thank you! That makes me feel much better. I would be taking the Western tunnel as well to get there.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Even though we encountered a bit of traffic (it was Friday evening), and it took closer to an hour, it was not a problem. The dr advised us to go to the hospital a little bit earlier, which we did.

katelynBB is offline Registered User
    I had my second baby in Adventist and lived in Tsing Yi, we also took the Western tunnel and arrived in about 20mins. The ride was pretty smooth, I was worried about traffic but there was none, it was a Thursday morning (7am).
    HTH
    ~Theresa~

yonge is offline Registered User
    My friend from West Kowloon made it to Matilda in time for her second during the morning rush-hour, so I think you'll be OK!

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    I live in West Kowloon (above Elements) and delivered at Matilda. No problem with journey. You should give yourself a safe 45 minutes to take into account traffic condition etc. And when you call the maternity ward and advise them of your start of contraction, tell them that you live in Kowloon and they are likely to advise you to come in earlier.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    I live in Tung Chung and gave birth in Matilda, definitely no prob at all. And your doc is right, it takes forever for the first one to actually come out of you, esp when you are in pain, it really feels like it takes forever. I had contactions for more than 30 hours, and I am sure you can go anywhere in that period of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast