Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

stroller in the taxi trunk

spsmok is offline Registered User

stroller in the taxi trunk

when i came home tonight in a taxi, the taxi driver charged me for putting the baby stroller in the trunk!! i was never charged for putting the stroller in the trunk before. this is ridiculous.

i heard from another taxi driver that strollers, like wheelchairs, will not be charged. and that is not at the discretion of the taxi driver, it's the rule.

has anyone have the same experience before? or does anyone know anything about it?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    We were just charged 2 days ago, I think it was about $5. I also thought it was BS, but then again, HK is a bit like that - all regulated and anal sometimes. So I didn`t question it. But it would be nice to know if it`s legit or not.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I think that the cab drivers CAN charge you for it, but MOST don't... if you read the signs in the cabs, it doesn't mention that strollers are free like a wheelchair is - but most don't charge. I've had a couple charge - it drives me crazy, I think it SHOULD be free too - but it's not a "rule" that it's free, it's just that most allow it anyways...

That's my understanding anyway...

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
    I've always been charged for putting a stroller in the trunk. I've never heard that I shouldn't be charged for it. That little yellow sticker on the inside of the cab has no mention of strollers/prams etc, so I would expect to be charged.
    All the best,

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Yuen Long, Hong Kong
    I've only been charged once. But I gave him a dirty look in return, that I would consider outside the constraints of what is socially acceptable that made the $5 all worth it. HK is becoming more baby friendly though...stickers in the MTR and better consideration at lifts..take heart, it wont be long now.
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    actuallty they are not suppose to. my husband complained and he said if u want we will not charge. so now if they want to charge all i say i read their license no a lot and tell them i will complain and they dont

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I've been charged once too. I was none too impressed with it.
    Most of the drivers I come across don't charge for the stroller.
    I think i'll be using Neha's tactic if I get charged again. :)

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    i travel twice today in taxi and no charge! I asked a taxo driver before regarding stroller charge. He said if we have a baby and a stroller then it is free but if it is just a stroller and put in the truck, then the will charge and counted it as a piece of suitcase or something like this. Oh, both trips on taxi the drivers were extremely nice and helpful, what a day!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast