Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yew Chung vs Tutortime vs Kingston

avalyl is offline Registered User

Yew Chung vs Tutortime vs Kingston

Any comments on Yew Chung vs tutortime vs kingston on N1 or Kinder?

Thanks

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I can't comment on the others, but we love Tutor Time.

You should really visit all of them to get a feel and see which one will best suit your child's personality and by all means, do bring your child along when you do the visits.

Good luck.

Thanks. My daughter is in tt playgroup since mid last year. She is bored after several months........

I'm afraid she would not have too much excitment in N1. Is your child in N1?

Thanks

My son is now in K2 in the Tai Tam campus. He's been at Tutor Time since TAG.

When you say "bored," do you mean not wanting to sit down and preferring to wander around? If so, that is perfectly normal. My son used to do that, too, but once he knew the routine, it got easier as he would know what comes next and what he's supposed to do at each segment.

Thanks buckeroo,

It is exact the opp. She used to sit down and follow the teachers. After several months, she doesn't want to sit down but wandering around. She knew everything the teachers teach and that's why she's bored...

How's the N1 program? I do want to send her to tutotime for N1 as she doesn't need to face the new enviornment.....

Cheers

Suffice it to say that I wouldn't have kept my son there this long if I didn't like the school, if my son doesn't enjoy going to school every day, if I don't feel that he is thriving there. I like the way TT approaches teaching and their curriculum. I like the fact that it is truly bilingual in that all the classes are equally split between English and Mandarin. I also like the fact that his teachers are accessible, answer questions, and readily share regarding his progress in school (on different aspects, not just from an academic standpoint).
    --

That said...

While it's good to just keep your child there so that she won't have to adjust to a new environment, you do have to look at it long-term and decide whether or not you think TT is the right school for your child, whether or not you think she'll "thrive" there, whether or not you subscribe to TT's teaching philosophy and curriculum. See if you can request for a peek into a Nursery and even a Kindy class (or ask that you watch a session on the school cam) if you think that would help you get a better feel. Talk to the teachers, ask them questions and try to find out more, if you are not sure.

Good luck.

hunhun_l is offline Registered User
    I feel the same thing. My kid is going to a playgroup, but after 4 months, i'm getting bored of it. Mostly the same thing every time. I think it's normal though, after all, how much change/surprise can there be.

I'm also confused about choosing a school for her, since i can't try many schools. I can only tell the difference after I have classes with them.

from tours/information from school, Yew chung seems systemetic, but people don't say highly about it.

I can only put her in a schook to see if she is happy with it; and seems there are people say good and bad about any school anyway...

Thanks Buckeroo :D

Initially, I have decided to put her to Yew Chung and she has been accepted. But then my mother came back to HK and went to TT with her and went to Yew Chung with my BIL's son. She said TT is a good school as the teachers, the helpers, etc in the school are so friendly comparing to Yew Chung.

Althought Yew Chung is a good school, do I really want her to attend a school without smiles....

That's my dilemma....

Thanks all for your comments. Really appreciated it :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast