Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Island dance school at America club or HKCC for a 3 3/4 year old?

sea princess is offline Registered User

Island dance school at America club or HKCC for a 3 3/4 year old?

Hi
    We have just moved to HK and my daughter misses her activities that we did when were were home. I have investigated dancing classes with Island Dance school which run dance classes for my daughter who is almost 4 at both the America Club in Tai Tam and the Hong Kong Cricket Club at Happy Valley area? We are southside so looking for a convenient location.
    The issue is we are closer to the American club in Tai Tam but apparently as a "non-member" of the American Club, the only way my daughter can attend the classes is to be invited by a parent who is a member of the club? She wants to do either Tap dancing or creative dance. Can anyone share their experiences on this? Are their mum's out there that can invite us to attend and are the classes worth it? I mean, is the dance school not too pushy and a good social introduction for both my daughter and myself?
    Thank you

rani is offline Administrator

Have heard good things about Island Dance. Have seen the kids perform at the Parkview Charity Bazaar for the last few years. They're all very good and you can see the teachers are dedicated and the kids are having fun. Also I hear the kids are performing at the Rugby 7s this year too. Not sure if they do this annually, but a friend mentioned that her daughter was really excited about participating in the 7s. Actually, I think I also saw them at the CNY Night Parade too this year.

They seem to be a well run group. If you can't find a friend to sign you up at the American Club, they also offer classes at the Repulse Bay and Parkview.

Just read their blog and they were at the CNY Parade and will be at the 7s

http://islanddance.blogspot.com/

Last edited by rani; 03-12-2009 at 02:20 PM.

sea princess is offline Registered User

island dance

Thanks Rani.
    If I can't find anyone at the America Club, I will investigate the Repulse Bay.
    Thanks for the information.