Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Utensils for preparing baby's food

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

Utensils for preparing baby's food

Hi,
    New mom here and pardon me if this question sounds silly.
    Ok, confession- I hardly cook and eat out very often but now my baby who is 6mths is ready to start solids and I need to cook her food!

Question:
    I saw some "special" kit that sells various utensils for making baby's food, are those necessary or any use at all?

What do you use for making your baby's food? eg making baby porridege, puree etc, and how should we clean these, I mean is there still a need to sterlize or just normal cleaning is enough?

I know Gina ford recommend cooking batches and freezing for later use, but my mother in law who is chinese is strongly against giving baby frozen stuff which is " bad for stomach". haha

Please share with me your experience when your baby started solids and any special foods to avoid?

Thanks!!

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    hey...
    I can say that i'm in the same situation...new mum and 5.5 month old baby hungry all the time.. I was recommended this munchkin baby food grinder -- I've just pasted a link for you to get an idea of how it looks.. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Baby-Food-Grinder-Colors/dp/B000GB0NZA[/ame]
    my baby hasnt started solids yet -- is only on breastmilk ..but am thinking of introducing her within the next 10 days..
    I am told this baby food masher thingy really helps with potatoes..fruits..everything..and its quick..easy to clean
    its available in eugene and BTB...
    hope that helped..

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    ah.. i think the link dint appear... anyways -- its called munchkin baby grinder -- look it up on google images..

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    You don't really need any special apparatus to cook your baby's food. With my first baby, I, too, fell into the trap of buying this and that, but I ended up not using a lot of these things.

The one thing that I found to be very useful with preparing my kids' meals (when they were babies and even now!) is a hand blender. We brought back a Braun from Canada, but I think I've seen the same brand and lots of other ones at Fortress, too.

rani is offline Administrator
    We loved our Braun blender too :)

carang is offline Registered User
    all you need is a blender.

and if you choose NOT to freeze food.... you are in for A LOT of work! there is absolutely nothing wrong with freezing food.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    to a blender or hand mixer I would add ice cube tray (with lid) and/or small containers with lids for storing extra food.

I did have feeding spoons (the little plastic ones) but would not say it is a requirement!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    agreed with most above. you just need a blender, some baby-friendly spoons and then containers/ice cube trays for freezing for storage in the freezer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast