Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Formula in Australia.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

Formula in Australia.

A question for all the Australian Mummies..

My 3 month old is both breast and formula fed (Enfamil). We are moving back to Australia at the end of the month and I've discovered that Enfamil is no longer available in Australia (not sure why). So does anyone have any recommendations for formula that I can buy once we get to Australia? Are there any organic brands? We haven't been back for 10 years so I don't have a clue what is available or what to buy.

And a more general question, are babies OK with changing formula? I'm guessing my baby should be OK as he is happy to switch between breast milk and formula.

Thanks!

sherwes is offline Registered User
    When in Australia I use Bellamy's Organic. It's available from Woolworths (and probably other supermarkets too). It's made in Tasmania about 30 minutes from where I grew up (lovely unpolluted farmland), is organic (as the name suggests!) and has a short list of ingredients with no cheap additives or fillers.

It is slightly more expensive than the other brands but I think it is worth the extra.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    You have a lot of choice for baby formula. Baby Nat is another organic one. But S26 and Karricare (sorry for spelling - I used BabyNat in HK and Aus) are readily available in supermarkets. The organic I got from Macro which I know is in Sydney and Melbourne - not sure where you are headed.

Changing wasn't an issue for us. I would bring over a tin of what you have and mix the old and new for a week - like weaning baby onto the new taste.

Good luck with it.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Thanks alot!! We will be in Sydney/Newcastle so the organic brands should be easy to find.