Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Swedish Massage?

MLBW Guest

Swedish Massage?

I am looking for a good swedish massage therapist here in Hong Kong. Are there any physiotherapy offices here that also offer swedish massage. My mother is coming to Hong Kong and because of a really bad car accident last year she must have weekly chiropractor and massage treatments paid by the insurance of the guy who hit her (going 60 MPH and she was fully stopped--he hit her straight on in the back of her car while she was stopped to let a deer cross the road). So, I need some good suggestions for this type of service and any information on their charges would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

southside852 is offline Registered User

gosh,there are so many good spas here. do you want HK island or Kowloon side? Many of the hotels are on the pricier side, but have really good therapists i believe to be worth it. There's also Essential Spa in Central and in mid-levels. I think their swedish is around $400 HKD.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

Try Body Conscious, this is a clinical spa rather than a pampering spa like in the hotels or beauty salons. I had a prenatal massage there and it was much better than the beauty spas that I had been too.

http://www.bodyconscioushk.com/index.html

They are located in the Centrium Building on Wyndham Street. A sweedish massage is 60mins - $790 / 90mins - $1,050

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Do check out Sutherland-Chan Centre along Lyndhurst Terrace. They are all registered massage therapists (RMT's) trained in Canada and do both therapeutic and relaxation massage. They charge HK$750 for a 60-min massage.

MLBW Guest

Thank you for all the suggestions, ladies--will check into them--yes, my mother will need more of a medical massage than a spa massage as she is recovering from injuries and not just going for a relaxing time. Thanks again!

Eve12 is offline Registered User

Hi MLBW,

This place is great for medical massage. A couple of weeks ago, I insured my hand and they were great with the stretch therapy and massages.
    Physiocentral
    60 Wyndham Street
    2801 4801

I saw Michael Guthrie and he was great.

MLBW Guest

Thanks, Eve...I will also look into that.