Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

3D ultrasound- would you ask for your money back?

alibali is offline Registered User

3D ultrasound- would you ask for your money back?

Hi, I had a 3D ultrasound done at 36 weeks as it was the only ultrasound that my husband was able to attend. However, we hardly saw anything as the baby was too big and the doctor admitted this during the scan. She put the scan on DVD for us and the scan+ DVD cost $400. I just now looked at the DVD - there is no sound and it's only 4 minutes long with moving images lasting about 2 minutes. The more I think about it, I think the doctor should have warned us ahead of time that is was probably too late for the 3D ultrasound, but she either didn't put two and two together (she was rushed during the appointment) or she was just trying to get more $ out of us...Would you ask for your money back?

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    I don't think I would. Did you go and ask for the ultrasound just for the purpose of looking at the baby? If that is what you asked for, and you did get to look at the baby, it is not really the doctors fault that the baby doesn't look the same at 36 weeks as compared to what you would have seen around 20 weeks. It is what it is. The doctor may have thought you wanted to see what the baby looked liked like at 36 weeks. I think it would be unreasonalbe to assume the doctor would know in your mind you expected the baby to look like it did much earlier. As far as the cost/ and quality of the video for the price of 400$,I don't know anything about that part of it.

Did you have the ultrasound for medical reasons? If so, unless the dr was negilgent/missed something that should have been picked up, I wouldn't ask for my money back.

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    I don't think I would. Did you go and ask for the ultrasound just for the purpose of looking at the baby? If that is what you asked for, and you did get to look at the baby, it is not really the doctors fault that the baby doesn't look the same at 36 weeks as compared to what you would have seen around 20 weeks. It is what it is. The doctor may have thought you wanted to see what the baby looked liked like at 36 weeks. I think it would be unreasonalbe to assume the doctor would know in your mind you expected the baby to look like it did much earlier. As far as the cost/ and quality of the video for the price of 400$,I don't know anything about that part of it.

Did you have the ultrasound for medical reasons? If so, unless the dr was negilgent/missed something that should have been picked up, I wouldn't ask for my money back.

yuko is offline Registered User
    I did my 2-3-4D together a week ago in the Hospital, but result are still alright just that they lasted about half an hour for the clip and they picked the "face expression of my baby" .

Maybe you can first request them to "save the video" longer? that's how i spoke to the sonography because we pay so much but if record for a short time i don't think it actually worth the amount.

"maybe" i would request for some refund? if i could but i doubt so either!

carang is offline Registered User
    i would say, no, don't ask for a refund.
    1) you did see the baby
    2) you did get a dvd/cd

if you had done a search on here, even, you would have found many threads with the advice to have a 3d done around 30-32 weeks at the latest. it was your choice to have one done so late. yes, you are correct that the doctor could have told you that you wouldn't see much, but really with the prevalence of the internet, it wouldn't have been that difficult to find out on your own.

sorry.

MLBW Guest
    I concur that asking for your money back would probably be inappropriate. Especially if the 3D ultrasound was only for a "photo shoot."