Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

light-brown spotting at week 4

Oct09Mom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by merryma View Post
    Thanks Oct09mom. So, how many weeks exactly are u now? I hope things are going well with you too.

I had a heavy bleeding last weekend, fresh red blood like the menstr, I didn't feel any pain, and discovered the blood when I went to toilet. I went straight to the hospital and stayed there for a night. The blood stop the next day and I was discharged. I could see and hear the heatbeat through the ultrasound, and am in 7 weeks now according to the size of the yolk sac. :yeah2
    Now I am ordered to rest as much as possible to increase the chance of better implantation. Here's the article describe my situation for your reference.

Hello Merry Ma,

Since you directly went to the hospital, you did great.As I mentioned earlier I had spotting and bleeding in my 5th and 7th week.After ultrasound everything looked fine.Still I was advised to be on rest and I followed it religiously.Now I am 12 weeks and had a scan where it looks good and progesterone supplements have also been stopped.When I had bleeding in 7th week,doctor told me that to make the pregnancy stable and blood spots were also found in the ultrasound but doc told me that it should be absorbed and thankfully it did.

What is the reason mentioned by your doc for your bleeding/spotting?Has he given you any progesterone supplements if it is due to progesterone imbalance?

What I can suggest you from my personal experience is do take doctor's advices very seriously..I even quit my job for taking rest,so do remember taking rest can really improvise the bleeding conditions.Abstain from intercourse and take rest.Try to be stress free.Think about good things like you heard the heartbeat.

Things should be fine and stable within 4-5 weeks.To reassure you,I have a friend who had heavy bleeding throughout her pregnancy but her daughter is 8 years old now.So cheer up and do what all is in your hands.Take rest and healthy diet and avoid what all needs to be avoided.

You are in our prayers.Hope to get a great update from you soon.

merryma is offline Registered User

some doctors can be over reacting, true. Anyway, I rather believe it than be sorry

I am taking medical leaves from work to rest at home now.
    The saddest thing is to turn down my now almost 1 year old boy when he really wants me to carry him. After the few times turning his request down, he just stick to my helper and not even interested to play with me anymore

Oct09mom, doc mentioned aboout the implantation problem, and there are also some blood clot in the uterus.

BabyC is offline Registered User

hi merryma

firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy

i had the similar situation when i was pregnant last year. had light brown colour when i was 4-5 weeks which i thought it was preiod and not realised that i was pregnant until i went to my gynae. my gynae said there is nothing to be worried as sometimes it is normal to have some light brown spotting around 4-5 weeks. i took 3 days leave and stay at home and the spotting was gone in a few days

i had some bright red spotting at around 7-8 weeks and i immediately rushed to my gynae. he said i had some blood clot in the uterus but baby's heart beat is normal and it should not be a problem. i dont even take any leave from work. my gynae confirmed it is fine to go to work and i dont even take amy medication

my lovely baby girl is now 7 weeks and she is doing fine

no need to worry and try to relax

hope to hear good news from you

merryma is offline Registered User

Thanks BabyC.

It's been more than 3 weeks and the brownish spotting still continued and never once stop. I am prescribed endometrin vaginal suppository and my obs advised me to rest more to improve the implantation.
    I just had another ultrasound yesterday, baby growing steady and to the schedule, heartbeat is fine too... baby is in 9 weeks now and I could even see it's little forming body... couldn't be happier to see the little human body growing in my tummy "again" (my second one, first baby is turning 1 year old this Thursday )

Till I feel better and would love to catch a drink with other moms or have our babies get together..

Cheers,
    Merryma

nalsab is offline Registered User

Hi merryma,
    Glad to hear that you are pregnant and congratulations for the same.
    I am 32 weeks pregnant now and due in June. I had spotting continuously for 2 weeks since my 5th week
    I was a bit scary in the beginning but my doctor advised me to be normal and to avoid straining myself by carrying heavy objects and be relaxed. I was in complete bed rest for around a month, did an ultrasound and felt happy since the baby's growth was normal.

Its quite common to have spotting in the first trimester. So dont worry. Eat well, be relaxed and enjoy your pregnancy.
    Hoping that everything goes smooth around you throughout this pregnancy.

Cheers

BabyC is offline Registered User

hi merryma

great to hear that your baby is growing steady and doing fine.

i remember when i had the light brown spotting and went for the o/s, my gynae said as long as baby's heartbeat is good, it should be fine.

again, don't worry too much and relax more.

i would love to meet up when you feel better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12