Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Water needed after starting rice cereal

lylee is offline Registered User
    lesliefu, my baby also won't drink water from the bottle but she's ok if i spoonfeed or squeeze it into her mouth. it's a hassle, but at least i know she's getting some water that way. ped also recommended the wildalp water which you could try. babies might like that more than cooled boiled water.

ninahh, sorry to hear your baby is in the hospital. hope she gets well soon. i was wondering, did your baby show any signs of uti? why i ask is because my baby has been refusing milk lately (drinking just 1oz per feed), very irritable, appear more tired than usual etc. took her to the ped a few days ago & he said if she continues for another week, will have to test for uti...

ninahh is offline Registered User
    she vomited, apparently that's a sign for uti. don't let it get that far. try to give her water in between her feeds. it's really not a nice experience (neither for you nor for your baby)

shoni is offline Registered User
    Try giving water at the same temperature that you would give milk, my LO is now fine with water but not at the beginning, I introduced water when I started solids with her (at milk temperature), now she is happy to take it at room temperature. She drinks water with every meal now from a sippy cup but originally from a bottle.

ninahh is offline Registered User
    [QUOTE=shoni;906417]Try giving water at the same temperature that you would give milk

thanks for the tip with the temperature. my babygirl is now drinking like a big girl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12