Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All of a sudden, Hong Kong seems like a very lonely place...

spockey is offline Registered User

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. When I was down and out, the people at St. John's Counselling saw me through it and I can't recommend them enough, should you decide you need a third party to walk you through the rest of your pregnancy with ease.
    I was not pregnant but dealing with post-natal issues. It's a really nice feeling knowing that there's someone who will check in on you and offer great support. Please PM me if would like to know more.

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    What a terrible thing to go through. What should be the happiest time of your life is stolen away form you. i haven't been in your shoes, You dont' really ever know what you would do until you are there. I would think it really come down to trust and whether or not that can ever be built again. I do know for sure, marriage gets a lot harder once you have a child. First it is the normal baby stress, lack of sleep, change in role,things change in your marriage, later is is raising your children and different values and styles of parenting. I am guessing from your posts that your husband is chinese and you are not? I found because my husband and I are so different and were raised so differently, these difference are much more applified once you have children. You might also consider seeing alwer in HK now (in case you need the info later) about issues around custody and leaving the country andso on. I don't really know for sure, but I have the impression that if your husband is chinese and was born in Hk then your children are considered chinese cintizens? If I were in your shoes I would want to know if this will affect me leaving HK with with my child and without the father.

katyw is offline Registered User
    Mid Levels
    I can definitely second what *babymommy2* said above about cultural differences being amplified when you have children. I'm in a mixed marriage as you know and I've found it very true for us.
    I really can't imagine what you are going through. I read your post yesterday and really felt for you. I'm lucky to be in strong marriage but all the same I couldn't help thinking how easy it would've been for my husband to do the same. Especially with the language barrier.
    You've also sacrificed so much to be here with him. I think that in itself would hurt me the most.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12