Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pediatrician - Celeste Centre by Canossa

Little bird is offline Registered User

Pediatrician - Celeste Centre by Canossa

Is anyone going to join the child health package (checking, vacinnation) offered by Canossa? Just wonder if it is good and reasonably priced.

Any alternative?

Where do you plan to take your baby for regular checking and vacination?

Have you decided which Pediatrician to use?

louisouis is offline Registered User
    I use the package at Canossa and I am with Dr Alfred Tam. He is very paitient and detailed in his explanations. I presume you can find cheaper packages with private doctors but the nurses at the centre are always very helpful and is always available to help when I call. Very helpful for a first time parent.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    we use Canossa as well, for both of my kids. it's slightly more expensive than just going to a private doctor. but our paed Dr. Dannie Ting does check up there, and that's part of the reason.

the other thing is, it's a baby health clinic, so they don't allow sick kids there, a big plus for vaccinations and normal checkups, as a doctor's clinic will have more sick babies and more germs around.

of course, the fact that nurses are a phone call away is always good. worth the extra dollars.

o_lll is offline Registered User
    We joined the package and was seeing Dr Tam too. I like the nurses there and the price is reasonable. Anyone know if baby not borned in Canossa can join the package too?

Quote Originally Posted by louisouis View Post
    I use the package at Canossa and I am with Dr Alfred Tam. He is very paitient and detailed in his explanations. I presume you can find cheaper packages with private doctors but the nurses at the centre are always very helpful and is always available to help when I call. Very helpful for a first time parent.

rani is offline Administrator
    Yes, anyone can join the package at Canossa. We had our son at the Adventist, but selected Dr Ting as our Pead and signed up at Celeste

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Since I plan to give birth at Matilda but want to have Dr. Tam as my baby's Paed, do I need to call Canossa in advance to sign up for the package or can I do it after the baby is born? Thanks in advance!

Little bird is offline Registered User
    You don't need to book in advance. Just call them after you got home from hospital, then book a time for first visit. However I suggest you call them directly now and ask for more details, in case they have new practices. When I call them before my bb is born, they gave me very good guidance as to what to do re sign up after bb is born, also I was not sure which doctor to choose from in the panel, the nurse explained each doctors' strength and weakness to me so I can easily choose one that fits my requirements.

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Thank you, Little bird. So which Paed did you choose in the end? Do you have a good experience with the Paed/overall package so far?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast