Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HK Adventist - Any successful refund of deposit?

Little bird is offline Registered User

HK Adventist - Any successful refund of deposit?

Help!!

Anyone got any successful case of deposit refund to share?

I changed my mind and want to switch to another hospital, after seeing various negative comments. I keep thinking it is refundable at worst deducting 10%. However I read again the documents and noted that they will refund only with "medical conditions that prevents her from giving birth at Adventist .. and is certified by the doctor ..."

Is there any successful case that anyone can share with me? I will call Adventist tomorrow or Monday (as it seems that the people handling such matters are only open for Monday to Friday office hours?).

Tks !!!!!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Someone posted a few weeks back about getting a refund from the Adventist when they realised they might be put on another floor to their baby due to overcrowding. This meant that they would never be able to have the baby in their room as you cannot move the baby to another floor.

If you say this is unacceptable to you they might refund your money too.

pookey is offline Registered User
    I hope you were successful Little Bird. The administration at adventist is pretty inflexible, but if you are really firm with them, you might get a good result.

Thanks aussiegal and pookey. I am in the middle of this. Will let you know the result. Fingers crossed!

Dear all, I got the refund today!!! Also using the same reason mentioned above. However, they deducted 10% (i.e.$2,000). I wonder any other lucky mom-to-be got full refund? :(

Pippo is offline Registered User
    I was supposed to give birth last December at Adventist. We were quite pleased with Adventist when my first son was born there in 2005.

In September, Adventist sent a letter advising that there would be renovations going on at the hospital until this year and that they would issue radio earplugs to patients for the noise (but what about the babies who have to listen to the noisy renovations!). So we called them and complained saying that we wouldn't have gone there if we had known back in May when we booked so they said they would give a full refund if we wanted to switch hospitals. But by then, both Canossa and Matila were fully booked so we kept my booking at Adventist for the time being.

But I gave birth 6 weeks early in October and my doctor said I had to go to a public hospital as no private hospital would accept me so early so I ended up delivering at QMH (where I only ended up paying $400 but my experience in the general ward was horrible with the nurses!).

Afterwards, we tried to get our money back at Adventist, without the 10% deduction, stating that that I had no choice and had to go to a public hospital, but we were unsuccessful. We argued that they would have allowed us for a full refund if we had switched due to the renovations but they wouldn't budge! I guess we shouldn't have told them that I had given birth early and then we would have got all of our money back!

joannek is offline Registered User
    i got a full refund, cos i told them my hubby was relocating & i'm having my baby out of HK.

pookey is offline Registered User
    that's great little bird. I'm glad you got most of it back. JoanneK, good to know that reason works with adventist. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast